The iDroid project - Android on Apple devices (1 Viewer)

pissypants

Strikes me as something some of you might be into. It's a great way to unleash yourself from the restrictions of iOS.
With this software you can install android on a host of Apple devices, including a lot of their legacy products. I came very close to getting dual boot iOS / Android Gingerbread working on a first generation 1pod touch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zRvYXCkQqRg#t=555s

I fell foul of the fact I was using their Bootlace software as part of an automated version of the installation process (installing Open iBoot) - a piece of software that relied on being able to download certain files from Apple's server - files Apple stopped hosting about 6 months ago. A pity I didn't know this earlier as I spent about 7 hours researching / trial and error / problem solving to fall at the second to last hurdle.

But if you are any good at SSH there's another method described in detail on the site that is a bit over my head to do it too.

Give it a go, will ya?

i installed that iboot on my ipod touch a while back but at that time there was nothing else you could really do with it. promising all the same.

i installed that iboot on my ipod touch a while back but at that time there was nothing else you could really do with it. promising all the same.

You mean it wasn't worth it?
The main thing for me would be just to be able to watch divx movies on a 1G touch when I'm on public transport.

You mean it wasn't worth it?
The main thing for me would be just to be able to watch divx movies on a 1G touch when I'm on public transport.

well, i needed it to do a certain job on my ps3, so it did what i needed - but that was it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back