The idea of "selling out" (5 Viewers)

coleTweedyST_464x600.jpg

I just realised this isn't Jordan and Peter Andre

now I know how the Chinese feel

Are ads only supposed to have shit music?

Has any band ever gone on to great success after an ad campaign ends?

Dandy Warhols success would be a tipping point in the industry's gradual shift from seeing adverts as bad credibility for their roster to being a new avenue of airplay.
It used to be that advertisers would ask record labels for permission to use music and now it's labels hawking their NEXT BIG THING to advertisers with good product placement.
I'm not too happy with this...there's one Kosheen song I really liked for it's summery psychedelia & now when I hear it I'm reminded of what a wonderful job An Post are doing and why they air-brushed Barrow Street.

Dandy Warhols success would be a tipping point in the industry's gradual shift from seeing adverts as bad credibility for their roster to being a new avenue of airplay.
It used to be that advertisers would ask record labels for permission to use music and now it's labels hawking their NEXT BIG THING to advertisers with good product placement.
I'm not too happy with this...there's one Kosheen song I really liked for it's summery psychedelia & now when I hear it I'm reminded of what a wonderful job An Post are doing and why they air-brushed Barrow Street.

yeah but the ads seem to mark the high-point in the bands' popularity, rather than a stepping stone to higher things.

yeah but the ads seem to mark the high-point in the bands' popularity, rather than a stepping stone to higher things.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'higher things' especially when preceded by 'the ads seem to mark the high-point in the bands' popularity'.
Generally bands sell more records AFTER the 'airplay' the advert has afforded them.

Horslips did ok after this ad

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

yeah and what was that dude.. aqualung. I think he did alright as a result of that volkswagon ad or whatever it was.

That UK band cable did alright from doing a sprite ad. They were about to be pretty successful when their exmanager sued and subsequently bankrupted them. They'd a great b-side called "The we-did-the-music-for-the-sprite-ad Blues".

Jose Gonzalez / The Knife...complete no-hopers until that ad came along, seem to be taking it to a higher level.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'higher things' especially when preceded by 'the ads seem to mark the high-point in the bands' popularity'.
Generally bands sell more records AFTER the 'airplay' the advert has afforded them.

The song on the ad gets played, but it usually precipitates their disappearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back