the hold steady (4 Viewers)

I awlays knew you had good taste Hugh. Try and get your hands on Seperation Sunday, it's even better.

They really are getting hyped to the hills at the moment though, every time I open a magazine there they are.

Listened to it about 10 times over the weekend. Still love it.

What does "imao" mean?

I got "Almost Killed Me" over the weekend. As good as the other two as far as I'm concerned.

Are lifter puller worth checking out?

I been listening to Almost Killed Me and Separation Sunday. Think I prefer the new one to either .... I find the not-singing-ranting vocal style on the first two get's a little grating after a while. I prefer the higher singing ratio on the new one. They are both still really good though.

One other thing is slightly bugging me though. He seems to repeat all these lyrics all the time on his songs e.g. "Mississippi River" and, eh, oh there's a few more I can't remember too ....

Hey I got a great idea! Why don't all the people who like Hold Steady get together some time? We could all meet up in town some night. Like, maybe tonight? Wouldn't that be cool? We could go to some place in Temple Bar where they have bands playing. There might be someone good on!!

Like the Mezz? They usually have live music there most nights right? I'll be there or thereabouts anyway.

Stan (Bowles??? I'm not sure if you should be adressed by your full fake name or not) did they play any older stuff in Scotland?

I don't have the first record, and they played two or three songs I didn't recognise, so they must have been from that. They played maybe four or five off Seperation Sunday, and almost all of Girls and Boys.

Aw dudes, I'd love to meet up with you krazy kats to listen to some hot tunes, but I forgot to pick up a bus ticket, and now CIE are telling me they've no bus tickets left for tonight...:(

I can get all sorts of buses except one tonight.

ah sweetoblivion .

you like these? but you never get it wrong. they is awful county crowsy big radio rock rubbish. their poster for the gig in dublin is deadly buh.

oh i posted that then read your first post. you are'nt wrong after all. my faith is restored. allelujah. sorry for doubtin ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back