the healthy thread (3 Viewers)

La La

i drink your milkshake
i've decided to try and pursue a healthier lifestyle (much to the chagrin of many of my bad habits)

anyway, i figured a thread on good diets that have worked before for people, tips on what to do in the gym etc might be helpful.

i have a feeling jane might be the most knowledgable but we'll give it a try.

scarsdale - looks like a bitch but have friends who dropped alot of weight rather quickly on it. worth a go or no? it's very strict from what i've read.

also, on gym-related matetrs - what's the best way to tackle that fat around your upper arms? is cardio the best for reducing fat overall?

aaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that I have much authority in regard to diets since, I am not exactly healthy myself but it seems rather simple. I'm just lazy.

Prescribed diets from magazines rarely work. You know what is good. You know what is bad. You what is too little. You know what is too much. Just eat good things in 5 or so small meals through out the day. Don't skip breakfast. Don't eat late at night. Don't drink excessively. Any exercise is good. I think the upper arm exercises are the ones you lift weight back instead of forward?

Upper arms: really light weights and high reps. If your joining a gym best get a program made out for you and your specific goals.

Diets are all bad imo. Just watch what you eat, no processed shit is the best place to start and lots of fruit and veg obviously.

it's things like spuds and pasta. how much? should i not even think about it at all?

i guess i just want to draw from people's experiences - for instance my ma swears by weight watchers.

i'm not looking to do a nicole richie - more just wanna tone up and lose the excess. and be healthy while i'm doing it.

i dont know what to do as i;ve never realy been healthy before!

-and i figured if other people have specific health/body/diet questions they could post them here, this isn't all about me :)
thanks for the advice so far

it's things like spuds and pasta. how much? should i not even think about it at all?

You need carbs if you are exercising. Don't stay away from them just don't over indulge. A baked potato (minus the crap people put on them) as part of your dinner, fine. Chips from the chipper, not so much.

I know people who swear by WW but I know I could never do it. Counting shit would drive me mad. I have more problems with not eating enough, which is just as bad. My metabolism is fucked. I just forget to eat and then when I do I am starving and eat too much in a sitting.

The key is to raise you metabolism. Small good meals every few hours (not more than 4 between) and you'll be on you way. Plus exercise. I agree if you join a gym ask them to help you make a routine. Then call me and yell at me to go.

I've tried dieting twice and lost loads of weight each time but eventually fell of the wagon and went back on the rasher sammitch and beer diet. The GI diet was the easiest and tastiest - there's tonnes of GI cookbooks out there so there's plenty to choose from. I also took on the ex's diet for a while which was no meat, wheat or dairy. That worked a treat but got pretty boring pretty fast. I'm going back on the GI diet at the min.

It can be tough to stay motivated to go to the gym. Not because of the pain, but because it can get so damn boring! I prefer to play some sort of game : tennis, badminton, squash, football etc. - at least that way your mind is distracted. When you are just running on a treadmill it gives you time to question your current activity :)

ok cool.

i have an image of monica belluci in my head. that's my goal. i'll never get close, but god damn i'ma die trying.

i'm starving now.

ruh!!!!!

ah, GI. d'ya know i found literally 5 mins from my house is a GI RESTAURANT!!!!

if i got there every day that might help.

i like the sound of teh GI diet actually.

Monica Bellucci has curves to burn, La La. I wouldn't say she does too much dieting

what's wrong with curves? she's beautifully sculpted!!!

i dont want to lose my femininity by excercising. monica looks amazing. rubenesque and healthy. that's my goal!

rubenesque and healthy. that's my goal!

Are you sure?

rubens58.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back