The Guardian's Football Weekly Podcast (1 Viewer)

is it just me or is this getting worse? maybe football is just giving me a pain in my swiss. i'm beginning to hate barry glendenning, he knows fucking nothing about football. give me jonathan wilson anyday.

i used tio listen to this all the time, and i rarely watch football. just pisses me off now. mccarra stands out due to his complete lack of bullshit, but the barry/jimbo "chemistry" is fucking tedious.

ken early was great during the euros though.

i used tio listen to this all the time, and i rarely watch football. just pisses me off now. mccarra stands out due to his complete lack of bullshit, but the barry/jimbo "chemistry" is fucking tedious.

ken early was great during the euros though.

ken early = disgrace

only beginning?
i didn't want to be a hater, you know, cos of the "begrudgery" thing. he being irish and all that.maybe it's cos he's irish we all cringe when he talks. be he's not that funny, and when he talks about the game, you realise how little he knows. his disdain for anything outside of the premiership is an embarrassment. he's supposed to be a professional. i don't get the impression he goes to as many games as the rest. mccarra does, you can picture him at a gillingham match in january, gettin frostbitten but loving it. sid lowe loves his football, but he is also fascinated by the whole lifestyle around it...it's clearly a different buzz over there. rafa honigstien is the anti barry. articulate in a foreign language, knowledgeable about football beyond his own top league, and quite funny when needs be.

there's some other twats too, duarte is annoying, rob smyth is a dullard nerd. sean ingle is alright, but for that nasal quality. paul doyle is okay too. i prefer it now when glendenning isn't on it. did he say recently he used to be a stand up? that might explain a lot.

and james richardsons puns wha?

Hey! Jimbo's puns are amazing!

Roy Keane giving out soon after taking over at Ipswich 'Suffolk are never happy'

Discussing the departed Klinsmann as Bayern coach, and his buddhist statue dressing room decor - ' That was zen, this is now'

"Not since Guti found out his girlfriend was a transexual have footballers battled so hard to avoid going down"

"Chelsea paid a levy for the Shevy but the Shevy went dry"

"It's hard hitting and across two legs. No, it's not Craig Bellamy's golf club, it's the champions league semi-finals."

Referring to a fulham loss "now - george michael wasn't the only cottager having a bad time over the weekend"

"Liverpool with their Skrtel out of place, everybody can see they're pants"

Jimbo is brilliant.

Hey! Jimbo's puns are amazing!

Roy Keane giving out soon after taking over at Ipswich 'Suffolk are never happy'

Discussing the departed Klinsmann as Bayern coach, and his buddhist statue dressing room decor - ' That was zen, this is now'

"Not since Guti found out his girlfriend was a transexual have footballers battled so hard to avoid going down"

"Chelsea paid a levy for the Shevy but the Shevy went dry"

"It's hard hitting and across two legs. No, it's not Craig Bellamy's golf club, it's the champions league semi-finals."

Referring to a fulham loss "now - george michael wasn't the only cottager having a bad time over the weekend"

"Liverpool with their Skrtel out of place, everybody can see they're pants"

Jimbo is brilliant.

he gives me puntasms

i think paul doyle doesn't get enough credit, he's in the mccarra mold

but most importanly the guardian podcosts
defecates all over the times one
smarmy, sanctimonious bullshot

they played a skype message from me during the world cup. it was pointless.

Either Glendenning goes or I'm going to have to stop listening to this podcast. He claimed in today's that Shay Given isn't good enough to play in goal for a team with title aspirations, i.e. City, and that the club's best keeper [Joe Hart] should be recalled from Birmingham.

It must be embarrassing for McCarra, Wilson and Honigstein to have to work with Glendenning. He clearly has no real interest in football, shows total disdain for anything outside of the Premier League and admits that he rarely goes to see games live although he did mention going to watch the egg chasing with some mates last week.

Either Glendenning goes or I'm going to have to stop listening to this podcast. He claimed in today's that Shay Given isn't good enough to play in goal for a team with title aspirations, i.e. City, and that the club's best keeper [Joe Hart] should be recalled from Birmingham.

It must be embarrassing for McCarra, Wilson and Honigstein to have to work with Glendenning. He clearly has no real interest in football, shows total disdain for anything outside of the Premier League and admits that he rarely goes to see games live although he did mention going to watch the egg chasing with some mates last week.

Glendenning doesn't know a whole lot about football in comparison to the other lads but I do agree with him sometimes on various things, he does point out well the surrealness of the football world when needed, and I think the pod would be poorer without him. I really don't find him annoying and he obviously gets on very well with Jimbo. And if Jimbo is happy, I'm happy.

I just listened to today's podcast and Barry was pretty bad I have to say. I'm not sure is he just wumming sometimes. He particularly seems to enjoy annoying the fools who comment on the blog anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back