the green man festival. (1 Viewer)

I went last year. It's really lovely. Sort of a strange mix of hippyish families (all with beards) and indie kids (who are there for the more mod'rn stuff). All the best bits are away from the main stage - wee folk stages, a mini-cinema, banjo workshop and bookstalls. Deadly veggie food and pies. You sort of have to be completely covered in rain and muck for a few days, but that sort of fits the whole thing quite well. Usually some interesting free folk happenings - Sunburned Hand of the Man did a live soundtrack to a film last year, people like James Blackshaw, Nalle and Marissa Nadler (and Circulus) and other such gems usually fill up the billings. The DJ tent is lovely, James Yorkston played a brilliant set there last year of old field recordings and odd dance tunes. There's bats. And thunderstorms. I'm sure I wrote about it properly at the time, I must try to dig out my review. But ay, lovely and small and a fine accompaniment to ATP as your second summer festival.

i've been to the last two and what made the first one great seems to have diluted. The bonnie prince billy/joanna newsom had "a very we'll work it out as we go along kinda thing", whereas last year the festival more than double in sized. was still really fun and stuff but had lost a lot of it's craic and intimacy.

very very laidback festival. a lot less hectic than any other festival i've been at.

I went last year. It's really lovely. Sort of a strange mix of hippyish families (all with beards) and indie kids

acid_kids.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back