• Replies 14
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 0

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
Solutions
Anyone been there yet? http://www.green-lizard.tk/

What's it like? Didn't Damien put on a gig there ??

I was walking by the place the other day and thinking ... its right beside a load of apartments ... no way its gonna last

yeah - damien put on snowblood
some local randomers were pretending to be boucners and giving people shit..so i hear - i didn't have any hassle
some other localers told farrell and a. dillon to get haircuts
snowblood's van was broken into but i think that's more a dublin problem than a green liard problem
the room itself was grand
francis st. is not my favourite place in the world
andrew

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
francis st. is not my favourite place in the world
andrew
Handy for the old antiques though

snakybus said:
old antiques like members of Large Mound?

hahaha, sorry Hugh I couldn't resist
Ho ho ho!

snakybus said:
old antiques like members of Large Mound?

hahaha, sorry Hugh I couldn't resist
*CERTAIN* members of large mound, thank you!

mark said:
*CERTAIN* members of large mound, thank you!
That new job of yours isn't too taxing obviously ...

its the same bar staff as used to work in the music room so they are sound about loud music and the like... we did a really really loud gig on a monday night there and had no complaints, however they have regular stuff on thursdays to saturdays (thats what the guy told us). its free to rent and the room is pretty nice. they have a pool table. i'd rather a loud of aul jakey locals giving us a bit of friendly hassle then rugby scum or whomever.
bit dodge for the parking of vans alright...
dont have a phone number, jillface just went in and talked to the manager in person.

damien said:
we did a really really loud gig on a monday night there and had no complaints, .

So that was you.. I was out on my balocony and figured it was coming from there but i'd never heard anything but Karaoke booming from that place. There's been load noise coming from that place for a couple of years now - but only on Thursday and Saturdays. I don't expect that it would attract too many complaints though. You'd wanna hear the noise that was coming out of the tivoli 4 nights a week when it was stil open (it was closed because it didn't have a drink licence, not for noice polution reasons.)

Francis Street rocks

The Chilli King said:
Francis Street rocks
It does now that the Green Lizard is open to "gigs".

I hope to be spending a considerable portion of my time in Francis Street in the coming months.

ooh fancy wesbite?

it is nice upstairs, higgedly piddgely in nice sorta way

although when i went there for the a spacekeraft thingy, downstairs they had a phoenix nights -esque husband and wife band drowing out the caberat upstairs..

Larry Potter said:
It does now that the Green Lizard is open to "gigs".

I hope to be spending a considerable portion of my time in Francis Street in the coming months.
surprisingly it's actually a decent room, the crowd downstairs probably will find it strange but it could do well as a venue in the next while, just a shame about not having a PA in there

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back