The FOOD HOOT Dec10 LowerDeck (2 Viewers)

stunning said:
Who you calling middle of the road beyatch?? :p I adore UBS! They'd be brilliant at a Hoot. However, while papercop are supercool, if they did a Diana Ross song for example...would they REALLY do a Diana Ross song? Or would they bleep and whirl and just SAY it was a Diana Ross song? Which is what I suspect would happen. That's already happened once, no names mentioned. Anyway, I can hear all the papercop fans right now going "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T LET THEM GO NEAR A DIANA ROSS SONG!"...which is fair(fear) enough. But, its important to keep in mind that while the Hoot can serve the musicians by giving them a bit of a showcase, its about the theme and the songs that the musicians are expected to serve which is paramount.

UBS would fucking break my heart on I Hear A Symphony!

Yeah?
right, ok. but you should fuck with the line-up a little. i might be totally in the wrong here but it seems like exactly the same bands have played the last 4 or 5 hoots with only a tiny bit of variation. but maybe that's ok, i dunno. it's quite possible that i don't actually "get" the hoot night...

edit: you should have more faith in the darker side of dublin. just because your interpretation of "doing a song justice" may be different to papercop's, it don't mean either party is actually right. unless you make the rules for hoot and they're just "not fuckable with"... in which case you're a nazi leading sheep into your massive ego cannon. ha ha ha, i love you :) i can't believe i wrote that last sentence.

stunning said:
UBS would fucking break my heart on I Hear A Symphony!

Yeah?
Here's what it would be like.

Jack: Who was that?

Jill: Some Christian band. Wow. I'm...

Jack: Jill, your makeup is smudged, and, and....you're crying. Oh, darling, whatever for?

Jill: Good god, I am...and Jack, that stain on your...are you bleeding?

Jack: Oh, Jill, while they were playing, I ripped my heart from my chest and offered it up to Jesus.

Jill: But you said it was mine!

Jack: I know [hangs head], but Jesus is...[looks skyward] Jesus is the only way.

Jill: I understand. Let's get some chips. For Jesus.

Jack: For Jesus.

hag said:
right, ok. but you should fuck with the line-up a little. i might be totally in the wrong here but it seems like exactly the same bands have played the last 4 or 5 hoots with only a tiny bit of variation. but maybe that's ok, i dunno. it's quite possible that i don't actually "get" the hoot night...

edit: you should have more faith in the darker side of dublin. just because your interpretation of "doing a song justice" may be different to papercop's, it don't mean either party is actually right. unless you make the rules for hoot and they're just "not fuckable with"... in which case you're a nazi leading sheep into your massive ego cannon. ha ha ha, i love you :) i can't believe i wrote that last sentence.

I think you get it, I just don't think you like it. :)
There aren't really too many rules for Hoot. Be there on time comes to mind.
Respect the other performers when they're playing too. That's pretty much it. I love the last sentence that you wrote...its not exactly true, though there may be something in it...I have faith in my vision. It makes me happy. The Hoot is what I would do with my friends in my living room, but its not big enough so I have to do it in clubs. I have really nice and really talented friends. Like you!

stunning said:
I think you get it, I just don't think you like it. :)
There aren't really too many rules for Hoot. Be there on time comes to mind.
Respect the other performers when they're playing too. That's pretty much it. I love the last sentence that you wrote...its not exactly true, though there may be something in it...I have faith in my vision. It makes me happy. The Hoot is what I would do with my friends in my living room, but its not big enough so I have to do it in clubs. I have really nice and really talented friends. Like you!
hey man, i gave you rep. all's i'm saying is variety is the spice of life. :) if you varied the line-up a bit more, there's every chance you might get a whole new cross-section of people going.

My friend Triona O'Brien... who did the lighting at the Big Bang thing... should do a Hoot Night. She's not in any band, but has a brilliant voice.

But I haven't been to enough Hoot Nights, so I shan't push it.

what's that got to do with anything? part of coming from dublin is having an opinion on anything and everything and assuming you're totally right all the time. (and thinking milk comes from milk bottles - thanks allen!) are you a bogger or something?

Gong Farmer said:
But I haven't been to enough Hoot Nights, so I shan't push it.

hag said:
part of coming from dublin is having an opinion on anything and everything and assuming you're totally right all the time.

Ok, so that explains it. Then I don't really need to go into how off base you are in your assumptions about the Hoot Night....? Cool.

I'm off to Cork for the weekend.

See you next week!!!

hag said:
are you a bogger or something?
You have seen my hair haven't you?

I mean, it's quite clear that although I am a Dublin lad, my heart and soul is firmly in the country. Kind of like a market garden.

Actually I haven't a clue how Hoot Nights run. I know there's two cover versions done by a selection of bands.

If I were doing this, I would do:
"Eat it" by Al Yankovich and "I'm a savage for Bacon and Cabbage" by Brendan Shine.
For the encore it'd have to be a medley of "Spuds" and "Carrots"... both Shine classics.

Gong Farmer said:
You have seen my hair haven't you? I mean, it's quite clear that although I am a Dublin lad, my heart and soul is firmly in the country. Kind of like a market garden.

Actually I haven't a clue how Hoot Nights run.

You should come out next Friday, its a good time. Hopefully, very funny.

In general, its covers, but original pieces pop up every now and then too...as long as it relates to the theme.

Omelette could really make this work for themselves! Though Ian is to much of a team player to really play that card, but one original would be fun. We'll have to wait and see what happens on the night!

stunning said:
Ok, so that explains it. Then I don't really need to go into how off base you are in your assumptions about the Hoot Night....? Cool.

See you next week!!!
ugh! i've been to hoots! i was at one in chicago! let's not go down this raod again, ok buddy? ;)

hag said:
stunning said:

See you next week!!!
ugh! i've been to hoots! i was at one in chicago! let's not go down this raod again, ok buddy? ;)
hey, everybody! look at hag! he's done a base in his assumptions again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back