The first Feile / trip to Tipp thing... (2 Viewers)

Sadly it was before my time but I did go to the one day Trip to Tipp thing back in 97 or 98 with The Prodigy, Foo Fighters, Manics, Cardigans, Kula Shaker and a few others.

If memory serves correct there was no bar at all :eek:

Sadly it was before my time but I did go to the one day Trip to Tipp thing back in 97 or 98 with The Prodigy, Foo Fighters, Manics, Cardigans, Kula Shaker and a few others.

I was at that as well. It was 1997. The other three bands were Reef, Fluke and The Supernaturals. The only reason I can remember the full line-up is because it was printed on the back of a cheap t-shirt that I bought off some street vendor for a fiver. Do people still sell knock off t-shirts out of prams anymore or is that a thing of the past?

That was a great day out so twas, mate of mine took a load of acid and got ejected from the venue because he was trying to get his fingers back into his skin.
the one in cork was deadly. double dipped strawberries...
Ha, i annoyed the mother all summer until she let me go to this (i was 14). Me and the cousin stayed in tents out the back of my aunt's house up the road. Course he took loads of them strawberries and i had to listen to him talking shite all weekend. Still, it was good (until i got kicked out for crowsurfing during beautiful south and had to pay £25 for another ticket so's i could see stone roses).

haha. crowd surfing during the beautiful south. rock!

I remember m-people (!!!) came on straight after them. I had to leave at that point, for the sake of my lysergically sozzled brain.

imagine putting m-people on at a festival now!

To be honest, the crowd surfing during beautiful south was due to the crowd surges, people were falling down all over the shop and there were huge pile ups of twenty or thirty people. This was before they had the barriers seperating the front portions of the crowd. I got freaked out and tried to walk out of there but it was too crowded, so i had to crowd surf out, but i'd been doing it a lot the last two days and they kicked me out. Bastards.

Féile 90 was the first one.

Thee Amazing Colossal Men, The Sawdoctors, Meat Loaf, Something Happens, Van Morrison, Christy Moore, Hothouse Flowers, An Emotional Fish, That Petrol Emotion, The 4 of us ... that's all I can remember off the top of my head. Hothouse Flowers were mind-blowingly good, unbelievable though it may seem. 1 tap and 2 portaloos for a GAA pitch full of tents

Hothouse Flowers were mind-blowingly good,

I'd usually have a lot of aul time for liam o maonli. saw him doing a set at EP in the body and soul. Anybody else see that? What was he at? spent ages trying to teach the songs to the crowd. The bass line goes...bombombom so guys you do that and then the back vocals and the harmonies and the.... jeez, just play the fucking song. And then he did and it was woeful.

Was funny though when someone shouted "save Tara" and he said "i will, but first..."

liam o'maonlai played in my ethnomusicology class...he kept making all these funny noises and he had a bodhran..he was rubbish..

also had No Sweat, Big Country and Meatloaf on the Friday. I think.

That Petrol Emotion were the highlight.
I think The Sawdoctors played too.
My opinion on them then was the same as Jim Carroll's.

1991 and 1992 were better festivals. I stopped going after that.

egg is right about the portaloos - there were very few.

I remember a urinal-type facility for men - a sort of wall.

Back then I had a cousin who was a priest in Thurles so I was able to call up to him a couple of times and use the GROWLER.

was anyone at that free gig in th phoenix park in 1991 when dublin was the european city of culture? saw doctors were the highlight, rivaled only by Dignam & Goff playing wish you were here. U2 failed to turn up.

liam o'maonlai played in my ethnomusicology class...he kept making all these funny noises and he had a bodhran..he was rubbish..

he was riding a chick out of my class... she was young at the time too.
It was all very scandalous.
I think they got married in the end though, so its ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back