the ex sat feb 10 dublin (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 101
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 9
timo for mayor!

so great.. monday morning and my ears are still ringing.. is it true that you never hear those frequencies again like they say in that children of men film?

forgot my ear plugs so i'm still humming like a maryanne amacher tune today...
ha! maryanne amacher rules. not as much as the ex though. i saw animal house last night for the first time in years too. it was amazing. not as amazing as the ex though

edit: boneyard witch were great too (not as great as the ex though, etc)

She has some set of lungs on her! That folk song is on Scabbling at the Locks I think.

God I wish it was Saturday again

agreed. i thought the 'really loud one' was a tune called kokend asphalt (minus the horns on the recorded version, alas) but the lyric seemed different. anyone any ideas?

"kokend asfalt" is the ex orkest version of "state of shock" from 'scrabbling at the locks', the first tom cora record. "state of shock" is the version with the english lyrics, so technically that's what they played on saturday. amazing song, features a lot on the beautiful frenzy film. went a bit wobbly when they played it :)

"kokend asfalt" is the ex orkest version of "state of shock" from 'scrabbling at the locks', the first tom cora record. "state of shock" is the version with the english lyrics, so technically that's what they played on saturday. amazing song, features a lot on the beautiful frenzy film. went a bit wobbly when they played it :)

cool, thanks for the clarification. off to the ex shop now...

timo for mayor!

so great.. monday morning and my ears are still ringing.. is it true that you never hear those frequencies again like they say in that children of men film?
yes, timo for mayor! as long as we get more parks with swings where it's ok to ride in the nude.

yep it's real good.

Picked up the cd in town. The sleeve notes are pretty mad - a list of the amount of times they've played in different countries, cities, all the bands they've played with and the amount of times they've played with them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back