The Coolie goes into the recording business! (1 Viewer)

Website
www.kidblunt.com
Us Cooliers have realised that we can start releasing cd's for people if they want. Here's the deal:

We have a ten track recorder and we have equipment (drums, bass, guitars and mics) to record stuff. Eoin's gotten good enough now so that the stuff is fairly releasable. We think that this will work because we will record the songs, burn the cds (20, 50, 100.... whatever) and do up a cover. We are going to stencil and spray paint the cds themselves and do up simple enough covers that still look good.

We thought the best way to do things would be to come down first and record one song and if you like how that sounds then we can record more stuff for you. If you don't like it you don't have to pay or anything and you still get a song recorded.

We'll be doing it all really cheap obviously but we're not sure exactly yet of prices. It would work well for bands starting off who cant' really afford to pay e400 for a recording alone in proper studios without even considering cds... There's no shite about us owning the music or anything like that either, we're only makin the cd's for you, after that is your business. So contact us if you want to do it!

Eoin - 0879390714
Stephen - 0872227143
Darragh - 0877670188 - Depending on who you feel more comfortable with!

[email protected]

if you want to release it yourself this might also be helpfull for cheap recordings...
i was talking to eoin today and he'll do a song for free and if u like you can
book more time...the time goes along the lines of 50 quid a day.
so if you spend about 100 euros you can get about 10 songs down and fully mastered. he's just gotten in the newest thing in recording on comp as well as a digi ten track.
if your interested talk to one of us.

Fair fucks lads, put the work into this and you could get it going pretty well. Maybe you should look into getting some kind of deal with a CD/vinyl pressing plant for reduced prices in return for a regular stream of orders or something? CDRs are cool, but a lot of people have an aversion to them and would much prefer to put out a factory-pressed/printed CD.

Corm said:
Fair fucks lads, put the work into this and you could get it going pretty well. Maybe you should look into getting some kind of deal with a CD/vinyl pressing plant for reduced prices in return for a regular stream of orders or something? CDRs are cool, but a lot of people have an aversion to them and would much prefer to put out a factory-pressed/printed CD.
That is true, we'll have to make do for the moment, of course if people only want to record, that's no problem at all... Have you any ideas of where I'd find a list of contact nos. for pressing plants?

stephenoblunt said:
That is true, we'll have to make do for the moment, of course if people only want to record, that's no problem at all... Have you any ideas of where I'd find a list of contact nos. for pressing plants?
mero or someone like that should have the contact for vinyl pressin' in one of the eastern block countries (can't remember which one & it's prolly changed names bout 79869657654 times since i last used it!! haha) & i think he used the same company we used when i was in the UK & that shit was mad cheap!!
my old boss also has a cd pressin' facility in his home & does cheap deals on short runs, last time he said it to me it worked out bout €0.90 - 1.10 per disc with jewel case for about 10 & the price gets better the more you get i presume. if you want more info mail us & i'll get in touch with him for a rate card.

ANDY RTF.

stephenoblunt said:
Us Cooliers have realised that we can start releasing cd's for people if they want. Here's the deal:

We have a ten track recorder and we have equipment (drums, bass, guitars and mics) to record stuff. Eoin's gotten good enough now so that the stuff is fairly releasable. We think that this will work because we will record the songs, burn the cds (20, 50, 100.... whatever) and do up a cover. We are going to stencil and spray paint the cds themselves and do up simple enough covers that still look good.

We thought the best way to do things would be to come down first and record one song and if you like how that sounds then we can record more stuff for you. If you don't like it you don't have to pay or anything and you still get a song recorded.

We'll be doing it all really cheap obviously but we're not sure exactly yet of prices. It would work well for bands starting off who cant' really afford to pay e400 for a recording alone in proper studios without even considering cds... There's no shite about us owning the music or anything like that either, we're only makin the cd's for you, after that is your business. So contact us if you want to do it!

Eoin - 0879390714
Stephen - 0872227143
Darragh - 0877670188 - Depending on who you feel more comfortable with!

[email protected]
What kind of amps are there? Do you have cabs if you were to bring along a head?

-digital 10 track w/ 60 v. tracks (so you got loadsa tracks to work with)
-mastering facilities
-some music programme on the pc like pro tools only the top or the range one at the moment.
-the guitar sounds normally come from the 10 track as it has built in effects which are sweet but we are fiddleing around with amps at the moment.
-pearl drum kit(s)
-marshal 50 and 100 wt amp and amp head w/ speakers galore
-60 and 100 wt trace elliot bass amps
-about 10 mics....seinhiesers and some mad expensive one i cant remember the name of...

i think thats about it im probably leaving out loads. we expect that there will be a good deal of bands using this so contact me asap to get in there.
also eoin said he'd do a deal for two piece bands or smaller groups as its not fair to charge 2 people the same price as you would 5.

IMPORTANT: make sure to pm/text/call/talk to or contact me in some way with the date and time you would like to use the studio cuz im takin the bookings at the moment and if you tell someone else they will either forget or double book you or something cuz im working off a calander....yez impressed?

cheers
darragh 0877670188
[email protected]

The place is GZ media in the Czech Republic...they're pretty good, anyone who has the Nerdlinger 7", that's where we got them done, as you can see both the print and vinyl quality is top notch (the pixelisation of the artwork was our fault). They can be a pain in the ass to work with though, as the severely belated arrival of the Scientific Bong/Knifed 12" shows...if you want I can have a look for the e-mail address or phone number for them? They do CDs too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back