The Cooking Thread (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 324
  • Views 27K
  • Watchers 7
I do this thing while I'm watching TV where I peel a sleeve of garlice (four bulbs)
Then put them on the lowest heat with just enough oil to lightly coat them.
I give them a rustle every few minutes or every ad break.
Testing with a fork til they're done and I have a tub of roasted garlic that is ready to throw into anything. Or mush with a fork and spread on a sandwich or fuck into a Ramen.
You don't eat bread but you'll eat ramen? That doesn't seem right.
I made a lovely Bolognese today, I like to have it simmer for hours, not sure if it actually affects the taste, but I like to think it does.

You don't eat bread but you'll eat ramen? That doesn't seem right.
I made a lovely Bolognese today, I like to have it simmer for hours, not sure if it actually affects the taste, but I like to think it does.
The longer you let that shit simmer the better it gets.Thats why its always way nicer the next day.

but prepare to have your tiny mind blown WIDE OPEN

What you absolutely NEED to be doing..and this goes for chillies too..

70% beef..30% pork.

Try it.I swear to god..you'll be thanking me.

I even use that ratio making burgers now.And my burgers are stupid good

Also italian meatballs..anything where you'd just use beef..pop in some pork mince and wait for the NOMS

I fancy a kebab..but I'm super bored so I'm gonna cook.

last saturday:
lamb bhuna, dry aloo gobi, basmati - aced it, did the lamb long and slow so it was like butter. way prefer dry gobi to the saucy kind. thought i'd cooked too much of each but had three clean bowls by the end. fierce breezes on sunday though.

I've been trying for about ten years to get tofu absolutely perfectly right and last night i managed to make it so good.

Drained, then covered the chopped tofu with boiling hot salt water which apparently makes it way easier to dehyrdrate, baked it in sriracha with a load of chopped shitake mushrooms and garlic for about 10-15 mins, then covered in flour and nutritional yeast, and fried in daikon and lime. It was glorious ;_;

- saturday:
breakfast - crepes (lemon / orange)
lunch - carrot & parsnip soup with chorizo croutons. tomato & fennel bread (from the boulangerie)
dinner - pork escalopes with parsley mash & roast cauliflower with lemon, garlic & bay
- sunday:
breakfast - pain au chocolat (cheat - i bought the sweet pastry)
dinner - roast chicken, stuffing, roast carrots, roast cauliflower, roast potatoes
(afternoon - made the rhubarb compote with new season rhubarb from the community garden for)
tea - crumpets with rhubarb compote (bought crumpets, though), pots of tea
night - two litres of chicken stock for the freezer
- monday:
dinner - (left-over) chicken stir-fry with ginger & sesame noodles
- today:
two tuna sandwiches - one for lunch,the other for tea.

Chorizo croutons????

Spill!
maybe sound fancier than they are.

chorizo sausage cubed prettty small c.1/4 inch into a medium oven with cubed stale bread. the chorizo expresses its oil which crisps the croutins c.15-20 minutes, occasional toss. sprinkle of salt to taste. elevate any simple soup, though.

highlight was the roast cauliflower - no idea why i never did it before. it's top 3 veg for me - i'll eat it raw, steamed, gratin, gobi, any way, but the roasting brings out a different element from any of these.

Roast cauliflour, nommmm! I've taken to baking cauliflour in sriracha (and everything in sriracha). You can make a pretty simple hot sauce with rice vinegar, soy sauce, sriracha and olive oil. Bake the cauliflour for about 15 mins without the sauce, then coat and bake for another 5-10 mins. Seriously nahce.

Anyway yesterdays dinner for me:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

roast sweet potato, bean and spinach chilli and and some steamed leaves on the side.

It was actually really delicious. I'm still working on my chilli sauce since I keep blowing my own head off, but this one was lovely and limey, and I have the rest for lunch :D

Has anyone tried the all day breakfast from aldi?

ALDI - All Day Breakfast

W20_PD_Sunday_New_UK14_935efec9e9.jpg

I got a pressure cooker today.

I'll keep ya's in the picture..gimme 30 mins til I make some lamb shanks real quick

Last nights dinner...Friday night luxury.
Spelt base with chillie sauce topped with jalepenos and rawit chillies,garlic onion and ham.Then covered in chillie flakes at the table.

UN FUCKING BELIEVABLE

A photo posted by Gary Showbiz (@garyshowbiz) on Jun 13, 2015 at 6:24am PDT

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back