The Christmas 2011 (2 Viewers)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
its the 9th so its probably ok to talk about this now. I think Lili Marlene ; liked to wait til the 10th so I'm posting now cos if I leave it any later it won't annoy him.

So I don't really hate christmas anymore. At worst I'm indifferent towards it. I don't really care. If others enjoy it then its good, but I shall try my utmost to ignore all but the free few days off work.

But I put up the tree this morning under extreme duress. Its the worst thing I can think of to do. Awful. But at least its done.

And why do all those christmas songs go on about snow in some kind of romantic way. We had snow last year and it was terrible. I love that we've no snow this year.

And how come some christmas songs get to be a staple of christmas every year whereas others don't. For example Cliff Richard. His stuff is muck yet its always on, yet I haven't heard christmas lullaby by Shane McGowan once.

As for christmas shopping, I don't think I've done any of that in about 10 years.

anyway, carry on

We don't celebrate Christmas, and neither do our families, makes this time of year so much more relaxing and enjoyable.

In places where they know how to deal with snow it can be pleasant. Going sledding and stuff like that. When you've got to get somewhere and it's been mismanaged that's a different story.

I like the time off work, the christmas markets, going for a walk on Christmas Day while everyone else is overeating and getting drunk and the roads are nice and quiet. All that kind of stuff.

We don't celebrate Christmas, and neither do our families, makes this time of year so much more relaxing and enjoyable.

In places where they know how to deal with snow it can be pleasant. Going sledding and stuff like that. When you've got to get somewhere and it's been mismanaged that's a different story.

I like the time off work, the christmas markets, going for a walk on Christmas Day while everyone else is overeating and getting drunk and the roads are nice and quiet. All that kind of stuff.

thats kind of what I like too. Not the exact same things as you, moreso the making the most of the quiet time to do other stuff. I've a good few nieces and nephews and my mother still fusses over them so I'm kind of obliged to go to hers on xmas day for a couple of hours. The rest of the time mine, for me and my bike (weather permitting).

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by transformation
I am extremely stressed about christmas.

get a punchbag for ur gaff and beat the crap out of it. Always good for getting the stress out.

or one of these
thumb_JesusInflatable.jpg
ad2b9969d0621a17cb595d94e9768ab3438.jpg

At the risk of repeating myself, forget all the other stuff. The shopping, eating, drinking and snow and whatever other cliches have attached themselves to the Christmas.
It is a time to take a little pause about who and what matters to you, and how you can make the world a better place for them by being a better person.
It's a time to look at the big picture, stop focussing on the little things, see how good life has been to you and how you can be good back.
Recognise the good in yourself and recognise the good in others.

I love the Christmas.

At the risk of repeating myself, forget all the other stuff. The shopping, eating, drinking and snow and whatever other cliches have attached themselves to the Christmas.
It is a time to take a little pause about who and what matters to you, and how you can make the world a better place for them by being a better person.
It's a time to look at the big picture, stop focussing on the little things, see how good life has been to you and how you can be good back.
Recognise the good in yourself and recognise the good in others.

I love the Christmas.

well said, but lets face it, most people are not like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back