the cake cafe (1 Viewer)

the bald barista?they moved further down the street,opposite dublin business school now.

The Bald Barista used to be where Milk and Honey is opposite the DBS but they have moved in to the ground floor of Avalon hostel opposite the Swan. I have heard good things about this place but also that there is some problem there with noise which might make reading difficult. The Bald Barista started off with so much promise.

Starbucks by the canal is the only place I've found and you won't be spotted there because its pretty quiet, and isn't overly windowy.

Is this the one near crawdaddy? That one is quite convenient for me.

we need coffee shops where you can buy a single cup of coffee, yet remain in the shop for hours.

Bewleys used to be good. I used to spend hours in there reading over a mug of their pissy coffee and stale scones. Whats the one one Grafton st like now I wonder? I havent been in since it was taken over.

The Bald Barista used to be where Milk and Honey is opposite the DBS but they have moved in to the ground floor of Avalon hostel opposite the Swan.

apologies,i thought the move was the other way round.

Is this the one near crawdaddy? That one is quite convenient for me.

think he means the one on mespil road,i use the crawdaddy one,its grand but has windows instead of walls and luas going by every few minutes so you will be seen.just embrace starbucks,i did and i haven't looked back.

think he means the one on mespil road,i use the crawdaddy one,its grand but has windows instead of walls and luas going by every few minutes so you will be seen.just embrace starbucks,i did and i haven't looked back.

yep. Mespil Road is the one I meant. With the Kavanagh poetry on the wall. Been there a couple of times on a sunday morning and really enjoyed the place.

And yes, the Bald Barista is the other place I was thinking of. Thank you. Never been mind, but heard good things. I shall put it on my to-do list for 2011.

La Boulangerie up near the bleeding horse isn't a bad spot for loitering in. They tend to play dreadful music in there though. I used to think that place was really glamorous when it first opened. It looks a bit down-at-heel now. The wooden paneling stuff on the wall looks really cheap and tacky and the selection of cakes is fairly barebones now. The cake display used to be eye-popping. I suppose this isn't france, we just don't eat cakes on that scale here. Anyway, the place still has a certain charm, its starting to remind me of Ian Beale's Caf. i like it.

I do that regularly but by the time im through my second pint my concentration is shot and I can't read anymore. Leonard's Corner is where I usually go to behave like that, last night I tried the new pub in Harold's Cross opposite the hospice - the one that closes and reopens under new management every two weeks. Not a bad spot, there was a book club meeting going on, jazz on the stereo (and later two lads playing guitar at the bar), decent enough beer (first non-porterhouse pub to sell porterhouse beer according to the barman). The place is huge though and with only about 10 people in the place the atmosphere was a bit lifeless. If people went there more it might be nice, it seems like the sort of place i could wear my beret.

Ah I see. I don't really live near the city centre so I generally go to one of my locals or else it's a day trip just to read a book. Which can be nice sometimes.

I do that regularly but by the time im through my second pint my concentration is shot and I can't read anymore. Leonard's Corner is where I usually go to behave like that, last night I tried the new pub in Harold's Cross opposite the hospice - the one that closes and reopens under new management every two weeks. Not a bad spot, there was a book club meeting going on, jazz on the stereo (and later two lads playing guitar at the bar), decent enough beer (first non-porterhouse pub to sell porterhouse beer according to the barman). The place is huge though and with only about 10 people in the place the atmosphere was a bit lifeless. If people went there more it might be nice, it seems like the sort of place i could wear my beret.

thinkin of making that place (called 'Sean McD's' for now)) our local.
do they still sell €3.50 pints and have a pool table?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back