the cake cafe (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
just off camden st. only discovered it today!!!

awesome valhrona hot chocolate, nice cupcake, friend's carrot cake was a bit disappointing though.

anyone else been here? it's lovely to sit outside :)

just off camden st. only discovered it today!!!

awesome valhrona hot chocolate, nice cupcake, friend's carrot cake was a bit disappointing though.

anyone else been here? it's lovely to sit outside :)

Did I not tell you about this place after nomeansno?

It's great, we had soup and sambos in there that day. Really nice, staff are decent too. It's a wee bit cramped when busy though.

Its round the corner from the house. The preseco and macaroons deal is good. But you'd have about three of them.

There are so many waitresses there standing around chatting when your trying to pay.

and the manager talks to them like real shit.

I love it there though.

went in here today, tis lovely alright. has it been there long? you'd never know it was there if you werent looking for it. i had the raspberry and cream sponge with me coffee - both were delicious. a bit cramped inside, i didnt really feel i should hang around reading my book for too long like i wanted to. met mike murphy in the barbers just before that.

yeah it's nice isnt it? im gonna wait for clearer weather before i go again. cos i love sitting outside and checkout out all the mad design stuff they have on that bike wall. :)

where is a decent cafe for hanging around reading your book and where I wont be under pressure to vacate the seat? Any Starbucks I've been to has been good in this way but I don't want to be spotted there.

where is a decent cafe for hanging around reading your book and where I wont be under pressure to vacate the seat? Any Starbucks I've been to has been good in this way but I don't want to be spotted there.

this is a very good question and I, too, would like to know the answer. Generally Dublin is crap for this. I once heard of some coffee shop by (or in) a hostel at the Kevin St end of Camden St (I can't think of the name of it) and apparently that was a good place with good coffee.

Starbucks by the canal is the only place I've found and you won't be spotted there because its pretty quiet, and isn't overly windowy.

the coffee shop in waterstones is good too but the chairs aren't comfortable and you can't very well bring in your own book and start reading it.

Thats one thing America has on us. Their coffee shop culture is so relaxed. Any time I'm over there I'd spend 1-2 hours sitting in one (usually starbucks - it doesn't have the same stigma attached to it over there as it does here) and read.

we need coffee shops where you can buy a single cup of coffee, yet remain in the shop for hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back