The bastards (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter worm
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1
sure they've been planning that for ages.

to be honest,you cannot really expect a full newspaper to be free on the web,it's costing them too much for the upkeep.i kno w they have ads and all but they also have ads in the printed form and they still charge for that.

long live freezines

also,has anybody else noticed the full-screen ads they have on specific sections in the guardian now,a disturbing development indeed.

Yeah I thought the pop-ups on the Guardian were bad enough but now I can't read an article without pigs floating across the text. I can't remember what they're advertising so it's not even effective...

Singer (of ie-indie mailing list fame) works for the Ireland.com website. Charging for it was all his idea. Beat him up next time you see him. He gets all the money from it.

-Thayl

I wonder do they have any way of checking where someone is viewing from (do they check i.p. addresses etc). If not then it's possible for some generous person to share their login name + password with loads of his mates / forum chums and let everone have news for free. Or loads of people could club together and buy a subscription...

I wonder do they have any way of checking where someone is viewing from (do they check i.p. addresses etc). If not then it's possible for some generous person to share their login name + password with loads of his mates / forum chums and let everone have news for free. Or loads of people could club together and buy a subscription...

Interesting... I suppose you'd have to switch off cookies as well though.

IP addresses will be checked when you log in. So more than one person can't log in with the same username/password at the same time.

Incidently, The Irish Independent (www.unison.ie ) are now also charging for news!! Shock agus horror.

Actually, on further investigation they're just asking you to "register for free". But my (lack of) money says they're gonna start charging. And when they do....*shakes fist*

-Thayl

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back