The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (4 Viewers)

I think they're a terrible band (that early single, Big Me, aside. At least as far as I remember it from 20 years ago) but Grohl seems like a personable sort of guy.

You watching his TV series? It's great.

No offense with the WTFs there @Diumraid ... but I love Galaxie 500 and Smog/ Bill C.

I think with certain bands, if you weren't in to them from the early days, then it makes it easier to dismiss them later. Or maybe that's bullshit.
No offence taken - I like a lot of things that are like those two acts and I usually come to things late but they're both strangely flat experiences for me, there's a spooky emptiness where my joy should be ... can't account for it.
Also
Will Oldham
Gram Parsons (including Sweetheart of the Rodeo)
Neutral Milk Hotel
Philip Glass
John Adams

all mad popular ... all made-to-measure for my taste and yet ... tumbleweeds

Foo Fighters
If I could secretly kill someone with impunity, it would be Dave Grohl

I have no time for foo fighters. Grand, its stadium sports rock for driving to/from work. Grohl is much better when he stays on the other side of the kit.

Also to deflect any conversation i might end up in:

Q: what kind of person can maintain a nice guy image for 20 years

A: a cunt.

Still love those first two Foos albums meself. I was probably the right age though

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No offence taken - I like a lot of things that are like those two acts and I usually come to things late but they're both strangely flat experiences for me, there's a spooky emptiness where my joy should be ... can't account for it.
Also
Will Oldham
Gram Parsons (including Sweetheart of the Rodeo)
Neutral Milk Hotel
Philip Glass
John Adams

all mad popular ... all made-to-measure for my taste and yet ... tumbleweeds

- I'm hit or miss with Will Oldham. Love a lot of his stuff, but am flummoxed by the banality of other efforts.
- Love N.M.H
- I only know certain Philip Glass pieces, but thought he was great in the Concert Hall a few years ago.

Never got Gram Parsons myself.

Kinda thinking that Sleaford Mods are shit too. Was told to buy a ticket to their next Whelans show. I might but it is mad Park Lifey Fall malarkey over and over. I didn't think a bunch of auld lads like themselves would be making such a racket in this day and age but sure this is it.

Kinda thinking that Sleaford Mods are shit too. Was told to buy a ticket to their next Whelans show. I might but it is mad Park Lifey Fall malarkey over and over. I didn't think a bunch of auld lads like themselves would be making such a racket in this day and age but sure this is it.

I really like them. They sound like a boisterous Dalek after a bag of cans

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back