The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (2 Viewers)

m.i.t.b. still cranking out the hits as bastard noise:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bon Ivor
Tool (after Aenima)
Muse (fuck Muse altogether)

It also goes the other way (Artists I love that no one else seems to get when I stick them on at gatherings or whatever.. actually it's probably quite obvious why);

Autechre (any)
Frank Zappa (mostly beyond the allocated Best of's)
Ween (any of signifigance)

Bon Ivor
Tool (after Aenima)
Muse (fuck Muse altogether)

It also goes the other way (Artists I love that no one else seems to get when I stick them on at gatherings or whatever.. actually it's probably quite obvious why);

Autechre (any)
Frank Zappa (mostly beyond the allocated Best of's)
Ween (any of signifigance)

Actually, I don't really know who listens to Muse anymore so I'll throw in Modeselektor.

My Bloody Valentine.
I like them, but I don't get worshipping of them to such a degree. Frankly, I think a lot of people think they're missing something and delude themselves into thinking they're better than they are. Half their flock are pseuds.

My Bloody Valentine.
I like them, but I don't get worshipping of them to such a degree. Frankly, I think a lot of people think they're missing something and delude themselves into thinking they're better than they are. Half their flock are pseuds.

would agree with that sentiment. They're one of those bands people are afraid to admit they don't get or don't like. In saying that, I really like them.

This may be a controversial one (apologies if it's been said already I haven't read back to the start) buh -
Neutral Milk Hotel.
Didn't get them then. Don't get them now. Can't believe nor understand the kind of worship they inspire. Meh.
In fact I so dislike them that I wish that Aerplane over the sea had fallen out of the sky and killed that bunch of f*kers.
That might be a bit harsh.

Van The Man.

St.Dominicks Preview..What The Fuck Is that Shite?

Most of his tunes are just shitty chicago blues jams with him basically talking over them and some gawd awful rawk sax

Meaning half (exaggeration) the people that claim they're amazing are lying to themselves.
Yeah while that is probably not fair when it comes to MBV, more like 70% love them 20% say they do but secretly don't get all the fuss and 10% listened to Loveless once then went back to listening to Ash and just can't be bothered having the argument any more.

It's completely fair when discussing Sonic Youth. I love them have seen them 4 times. Own about 20 + albums by them. The vast majority of "Fans" own a copy of Daydream Nation and Dirty and occasionally wear a "Goo" T shirt which makes for hillarious scenes at their gigs when The lads are into the 25th minute of Expressway to Yr Skull and the hipsters start trying to slip out the exits and still look laconic. Of course none of that bothers me as much as the same hipsters complaining afterwards and trying to sound like they know what they're talking about when what they should be saying is "I only vaguely recognised one song, but I sure do wear this T-Shirt well don't I" And it's not like i don't "get" why people don't "get" Sonic Youth, it's fine not to like them, It's something else completely when you claim to love a band but really would prefer to listen to shit watered down contemporary rip off, who by the way, are total shite.

Above post could also refer to - Talking Heads, Television, Jesus and Mary Chain, The Cure even The Smiths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back