THE ATHENRIDES ARE HERE! (3 Viewers)

Irish people are such begrudgers! Fair enough if you don't think something is funny, but what is the point in getting so nasty and personal about it? I reckon if you all weren't hiding behind your computers you wouldn't have the balls to say any of this to the filmmakers faces. At least some people out there are attempting to actually DO something creative, even if the Thumped "community" isn't impressed with the effort.

!baggyyyy

If they spam here they deserve whatever they get. Not that anyone has been 'personal'.

If something is shit, it's shit. Nothing to do with begrudgery. The Athernrides are shit. Sadly they're also the kind of shit that gets lapped up in this small, shit country. They will surely join Richie Kavanagh at the summit of Ireland's pathetic media shit-mountain of novelty number 1 success.

Irish people are such begrudgers! Fair enough if you don't think something is funny, but what is the point in getting so nasty and personal about it? I reckon if you all weren't hiding behind your computers you wouldn't have the balls to say any of this to the filmmakers faces. At least some people out there are attempting to actually DO something creative, even if the Thumped "community" isn't impressed with the effort.

!baggyyyy

Wheel out the auld begrudgers cliché again. Well done. Have you ever actually looked up the definition of begrudgery? Seriously? Look it up sometime.

1.to envy or resent the pleasure or good fortune of (someone): She begrudged her friend the award. 2.to be reluctant to give, grant, or allow: She did not begrudge the money spent on her children's education.

Okay, who in the above thread envies those people?
What have we been reluctant to give, grant, or allow?

Maybe we're reluctant to give false praise, fake opinions of those execrable 'comedy' antics. Some people mistake taste for begrudgery.

!baggyyyy

I take it your standing on the matter is not that of unbias.

1.to envy or resent the pleasure or good fortune of (someone): She begrudged her friend the award. 2.to be reluctant to give, grant, or allow: She did not begrudge the money spent on her children's education.

Wow, you have t'Internet Scientician! I'm impressed! You know how to use Google search! Well Done! Perhaps you should read your own definition. Are you not just annoyed that some filmmakers got funding to make a film you don't like? That sounds like begrudgery if you ask me.

Wow, you have t'Internet Scientician! I'm impressed! You know how to use Google search! Well Done! Perhaps you should read your own definition. Are you not just annoyed that some filmmakers got funding to make a film you don't like? That sounds like begrudgery if you ask me.

nothing worse than people who are addicted to the 'begrudgery' excuse. please, don't insult our intelligence with that.

irish people do totally amazing stuff. recent example: soupy norman.

irish people also do completely shit stuff. recent example: the athenrides.

q.e.d.

Where did I say I was annoyed that they got funding for that? I didn't even know they received funding until late on in this thread. It doesn't bloody well look like they spent a penny on it. They didn't pay anyone funny to write the script anyway. And by the way I didn't ask you what begrudgery sounds like, I asked you if you looked up the meaning. By your use of the term you obviously had not even when it is as simple as doing a google search to find out. Fair play.

Admit it guys, Loveaction is right.

The Scientician, you're really just annoyed that some filmmakers got funding to make a film you don't like. Come clean.

The rest of us, we're just ashamed of our sad computer-based existence. We lashed out. At the first thing to come our way. Forgive us Athenrides.

Loveaction you know us too well! At least you have some honour in this sad day and age. At least you don't feel the need to go onto a public forum and start name-calling only to feel better about yourself and your sad computer-based existence.

Admit it guys, Loveaction is right.

The Scientician, you're really just annoyed that some filmmakers got funding to make a film you don't like. Come clean.

The rest of us, we're just ashamed of our sad computer-based existence. We lashed out. At the first thing to come our way. Forgive us Athenrides.

Loveaction you know us too well! At least you have some honour in this sad day and age. At least you don't feel the need to go onto a public forum and start name-calling only to feel better about yourself and your sad computer-based existence.

Jesus, you're right. :(

Doesn't it feel better now we know the truth? I feel a beautiful catharsis. I'm going to put an end to this sad computer based existence and go out and do something creative. I'm going to film a skit about people who have hilarious bogger accents.

oh right, this is one of those threads that wasn't supposed to have replies

6sumxc.jpg

This thread rocks!

You see what you're all doing, don't you?

You're giving them all the attention they want!

You're helping them go viral!

Lock this thread before it's too late!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back