The 5 Second Rule (1 Viewer)

Buzzo

Website
www.iprt.ie
An olive just fell off my toast and cheese. My lovely post- work delectable snack has been relegated to cheese on toast. I'm not gonna pick the olive up because it aint my gaff and I don't trust other fuckerses floors.

Does it apply to toast? Buttered side down? Is it all subjective?

What's the alternative to the rule? Bless it? Leave it on the ground and make something else?

I just don't think I can abide by it anymore.

Thanks for listening, guise.

the 5 second rule only applies to cunts who are rude, obnoxious, and order something 'without this, but with some of that but none of that'
i would NEVER spit in anyones food but if something rolls over and plops onto the floor, as long as the floor isnt disgusting, the mean ones got it back on their plate.
moral of story, dont fuck with La La.
:)

Queen Buzzo said:

with helpful photos of a bit of food on the ground...

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=1483067

Oct. 15 - Researchers at the University of Illinois say the so-called "5-Second Rule" isn't a myth. They say when you drop food on the floor, it's still safe to eat if you pick it up within five seconds.
That's because it takes at least that long for germs to devour dropped food. Sticky food though, will pick up bacteria faster than dry food.
Researchers say the 5-Second Rule probably only applies to tile and hardwood floors.
Food Science Professor Peter Blaschek said, "I think all bets are off when you're talking about something like carpeting. That's an entirely different story and we haven't done that study yet."
By the way, if you try getting rid of germs on your food by blowing on it or dusting it off, you're wasting your time. It doesn't work.

some kids ate worms and chewing gum off the ground without ill effect.

coverpic.gif

Ah! this is the thread I was looking for.
Once you've seen the small percentage that you can possibly see of what children eat of the ground ....
(without any obvious ill-effect)
...then you realise what an age of fear and horror we live in.

BO was invented in the seventies in case the fear of communism wasn't enough to keep us comfort-spending all our hard-earned on luxuries and drugs.

chickenham said:
BO was invented in the seventies in case the fear of communism wasn't enough to keep us comfort-spending all our hard-earned on luxuries and drugs.

white dog dirt was launched around the same time.

Queen Buzzo said:
An olive just fell off my toast and cheese. My lovely post- work delectable snack has been relegated to cheese on toast. I'm not gonna pick the olive up because it aint my gaff and I don't trust other fuckerses floors.

What's the alternative to the rule? Bless it? Leave it on the ground and make something else?

I just don't think I can abide by it anymore.

Thanks for listening, guise.

My friends and I changed it from the 5 second rule to the 1 hour rule. We're still alive.

the 5 second rule only applies if there are others in the room/vicinity. You know you only stick to the 5 second rule so as other people don't think you're completely hideous, if there's nobody around you can eat whatever you want off the ground at any point of time. Unfortunately I can't even carry out the 5 second rule in my house cos the dog hears food dropping a mile off and always gets to it before me. bitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back