tenpastseven or something (1 Viewer)

SONYMEGADRIVE

hey heads -
this band played with giddy motors last night - i think they were called tenpastseven. something past seven anyway.
anyways - they were 100% deadly. mad instrumental stuff that sounded kinda like don cab / rednecks kind of stuff (much better than a lot of bands who get ridiculous amounts of heat round these parts, sayin).
anyway - they're about 17 and remind me that i'm gettin old, and will remind a lot of you heads that you're even older. they're from kerry too. none of the pieces fit! they were ridiculously good. hopefully some limerick / cork heads will agree. ivan?

seriously - take a c-c-c-chance on these kids and get them to play up in dublin, or come down the country to see them or something. really good
i just figured i'd big them up and give them some proper respects.

if anyone knows anymore about them - post it on this thread. i hope i got the name right!

peace,

andy

Originally posted by RAD-ALARM
hey heads -
this band played with giddy motors last night - i think they were called tenpastseven. something past seven anyway.

Gregor57 mibbe?

Re: Re: tenpastseven or something

Originally posted by conor
Gregor57 mibbe?

nope - this was in the city of Slick Rick.
and i'm pretty sure gregor57 aren't 17 and from kerry.
they were real good though. real real good.

they played in cork with Giddy Motors as well. anyways. Good Shit.

andy

Re: Re: Re: tenpastseven or something

nope - this was in the city of Slick Rick.
and i'm pretty sure gregor57 aren't 17 and from kerry.
they were real good though. real real good.

they played in cork with Giddy Motors as well. anyways. Good Shit.

andy

sorry, friday - brainslow

.....anyway - they're about 17 and remind me that i'm gettin old, and will remind a lot of you heads that you're even older. they're from kerry too. none of the pieces fit! they were ridiculously good. hopefully some limerick / cork heads will agree. ivan?

Kerry head here.
....of course the pieces fit together - kerry is an expanding pool of creativity at the moment!
Cork ain`t doing too bad either.
TEN PAST SEVEN i think they`re called.

Ten Past Seven

Ya, they are called Ten Past Seven. They are 3 members of 'RIFT'; a Kerry based hardcore/metaly thing, kinda like a punky Slayer. Anyway, three of the lads are in college in Cork this year, and they decided to start an instrumental band, after seeing Cork bands 'REST' and 'WEEVIL'. They had never listened to 'post-rock' before, and still have no instrumental C.D.s. However, they claim their influences to be just 'REST' and 'WEEVIL. They've only been going since maybe October, and already, they have been kicking the shit out of both Rest and Weevil. Keep an eye out for them; they still have that hardcore thing going on, but they have amazing melodies, beautiful/complex songs, and no, I'm not in the band. I do kinda know the lads though, since they started giging in Feb/March...

Spellbinding stuff.

And before anyone starts the whole 'Redneck rip-off' shit, they only heard v. recently.

This band is absolutely on fire!!!!!!!!

<insert personal cliche here>

that's real cool
they're a little older than i thought then? whatevs.
and jeah jeah jeah - they're a million times better than rest and weevil
thanks for the info MANGLOR!

andy

Re: Ten Past Seven

fucking RESPECT! really keen to hear there fellas. anyone got an email for them? "our influences are rest and weevil". brilliant. :)

Originally posted by mangler
Ya, they are called Ten Past Seven. They are 3 members of 'RIFT'; a Kerry based hardcore/metaly thing, kinda like a punky Slayer. Anyway, three of the lads are in college in Cork this year, and they decided to start an instrumental band, after seeing Cork bands 'REST' and 'WEEVIL'. They had never listened to 'post-rock' before, and still have no instrumental C.D.s. However, they claim their influences to be just 'REST' and 'WEEVIL. They've only been going since maybe October, and already, they have been kicking the shit out of both Rest and Weevil. Keep an eye out for them; they still have that hardcore thing going on, but they have amazing melodies, beautiful/complex songs, and no, I'm not in the band. I do kinda know the lads though, since they started giging in Feb/March...

Spellbinding stuff.

And before anyone starts the whole 'Redneck rip-off' shit, they only heard v. recently.

This band is absolutely on fire!!!!!!!!

<insert personal cliche here>

word to yer mutha!
ten past seven were fucking blinding last night. it's the first time i've seen NAD-ALARM that enthused about a band, so they must be good! if the oxes and the champs had little cousins from kerry, they might sound like ten past seven. they gave me a cdr in the afternoon and i had a quick listen to it and thought 'hmm, instrumental post rock influenced by weevil and rest'... but when they started playing they were the bidness. don't think they could afford to get to tonight's gig in belfast. and they're from Fossa, respect. dudleys & waiting room tonight, alright!

Originally posted by righteous harmony
it's the first time i've seen NAD-ALARM that enthused about a band, so they must be good!

it's hardly my fault i hate everything now is it?
i'll see you later, FRINGE PERM!

peace,
andy

so RAD-ALARM, remember you asking me yesterday about what new bands there were doin' interesting instrumental rock that didn't sound done-to-death.... ;)

Originally posted by conor
so RAD-ALARM, remember you asking me yesterday about what new bands there were doin' interesting instrumental rock that didn't sound done-to-death.... ;)

these guys had singing on one song so they don't count
anyways - i could come up with my own list if i wanted
just wondering what you thought was the shiatch right now.
thassall.

Orthrelm! orthrelm is pretty interesting instrumental rock.

that's the extent of my list though. orthrelm.

see ya!

andy

these guys had singing on one song so they don't count
anyways - i could come up with my own list if i wanted
just wondering what you thought was the shiatch right now.
thassall.

Orthrelm! orthrelm is pretty interesting instrumental rock.

that's the extent of my list though. orthrelm.

see ya!

andy

ah c'mon man - i'm only extractin the yellow stuff.

"they had singin on one song, so they don't count" - good one :p
just like urc... and the rednecks?

Originally posted by swingkid
how about tarantuala hawk, does that count as instrumental rock?

i dunno! i've never actually heard them! are they good? they're wan them san diego bands, jeah?

upsilon acrux - have you heard that shit? !??!!?!?
last flying luttenbachers album - !?!??!?!

conor - i'm only joking around too. i was genuinely curious. that's all, b.

peace in the middle east

andrew

conor - i'm only joking around too. i was genuinely curious. that's all, b.

ah yeah - (excluding local stuff) i usually only come across stuff a couple of years after its been out so i've no idea what's good at the moment... me'll be keeping an eye out for 7.10 though.

i dunno! i've never actually heard them! are they good? they're wan them san diego bands, jeah?

upsilon acrux - have you heard that shit? !??!!?!?
last flying luttenbachers album - !?!??!?!

only heard old flying luttenbachers stuff, you got bride of no no/ lake of dracula?
upsilon acrux - never ever

http://www.tarantulahawk.org
you can listen to all there stuff there
last album on neurot records
similar to Goblin!!

you got Total Shutdown stuff? you'd like it i'd say
http://www.totalshutdown.com
check out their "poems" too...

You know Friends Forever?
"Friends Forever two guys who are the amazing and come from Denver Colorado. They drive around in a VW Bus and pull up to the front of the club and when it is time for them to perform they slide open the van door, which is filled with a drum set, smoke machine, light show, and all sorts of electronics. They then proceed to play an onslaught of 'PCP ROCK' in which they go beserker and have included with the smoke and lights, jumping in and out of van windows like dolphins and on the roof are pyro-technics, fireworks, fake blood streaming out the side of the windows, total armegeddon stuff."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back