Tell me what yis are listening to (1 Viewer)

needtokill said:
Liadain:mad:Dopesmoker@ is by Electric Wizard.It's awesome.If you don't realise that, we have to talk..Incidentally if you're in town today,call into the shop, me and Una have a proposition for you...
I thought we'd agreed to put a stop to the threesomes? You know it just causes jealousy and resentment.:eek:

and 'dopesmoker' (by sleep, not electric wizard) is awesome. it was just a bad night.

I've mostly been listening to:

Cindy Lauper
Murder City Devils
John Zorn/Naked City (Fuckin' class stuff!)
Neurosis
Public Enemy

...which is what I've been downloading off internet

eoin said:

Cindy Lauper
Murder City Devils
Neurosis
Public Enemy

...which is what I've been downloading off internet
Eoin, I asked you to tape some Murder City Devils ages ago; it's never too late.

anyone listen to blonde redhead?
are they as good as this one song leads me to believe?
What's their best album.. im d/l-ing "la mia vita violenta".

mmm in my defence i'll say, i was lucky to actually get home that night liadian, and also it dont matter what time day or night dopesmoker is probably the best piece of music ever recorded, 'drop out of life with bong in hand, follow the smoke to the riff filled land' although now i cant get any fuckin smoke it just makes me cry when i listen to it.

oh yeah and wanna say its fuckin rockin to see people still listening to the alice in chains, i thought me and nooly were the onyl ones left who still love layne, poor auld layne.

weeler said:

Excellent live band. Records never did much for me though.
I've been listening to the Municipal Waste cd and the Duggie Briggs band 7"

poison the well - opposite of december
bad religion - stranger than fiction, the gray race, generator
mike ness - cheating at solitaire
social distortion - mommys little monster
pennywise - from the ashes
megadeth - peace sells...
DMX - its dark and hell is hot
anti flag - a new kind of army
punk-o-rama 2
black flag - damaged

the redneck manifesto - cut your heart off from your head
bonnie 'prince' billy - i see a darkness
jawbreaker - 24 hour revenge therapy
black flag - everything went black
wire - pink flag
the postal service - give up
guilt - further
fugazi - in on the killtaker
jawbox - my scrapbook of fatal accidents
boxes demo
planes mistaken for stars - the deep elm ep
fantomas - new one track album!
big black - atomizer
jerry mulligan & quartet live in paris 1964.

i am one miserable mofo.

the strange guy said:
Is a cream coloured discharge healthy?

yes, perfectly healthy, green/grey/yellowish is not. vaginal discharge may go through a number of textural changes in the course of a month, from clear, runny liquid to thick white mucous. that is all

PS: yellowish may not necessarily be bad. if you have funny-coloured discharge combined with discomfort and malodour you should get a doctor to check it

weeler said:
never saw them live but i have one of their records - i think it's called melody of certain damaged lemons? hmmm that doesn't sound right. maybe that's one of the songs on it. it has a black cover with nice red lettering and paneled photos of the band. anyway it's really good, i think, although i haven't listened to it in ages.

more detailed/coherant information will have to wait till i get some coffee.

(and eoin, which murder city devils are you listening to? i don't have any of their records anymore. yet another band i never got to see live...)

treelo said:
never saw them live but i have one of their records - i think it's called melody of certain damaged lemons?
yeh, that sounds about right. amazing band, really growing on me over the past 24hours, i think they did a gap ad though, dodge.

deadstare
reno divorce
christiansen
charcoal human
sick of it all
tsol
noxagt
army of flying robots
grant lee buffalo
assert

here byrnoes where did ytou get the rira stuff? looking for that for a while. any good? better than scary eire or what? whats hazo like?

trev said:
deadstare
reno divorce
christiansen
charcoal human
sick of it all
tsol
noxagt
army of flying robots
grant lee buffalo
assert

here byrnoes where did ytou get the rira stuff? looking for that for a while. any good? better than scary eire or what? whats hazo like?

i got it in that hip hop shop in temple bar they run the label its on which i cant think of now,last one apperently.on a par with scary eire id say, hazo thing great its captian moonlight from homebrew mcing over it.let me know if ya want a tape.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Excellent live band. Records never did much for me though.
I've been listening to the Municipal Waste cd and the Duggie Briggs band 7"
Yo, is that the Municipal Waste LP? I've been hangin' to hear it. Duuude! Taste the Waste!

Sleep rule. Got 'shroomed up and listened to Sleep "Jerusalem", Mr. Bungle "Disco Volante", and the Burning Witch/Goatsnake split while staring into the fire alone for two hours on Saturday night...yeah man. Altered states of consciousness are where it's at.

psychic tv- live in thee city ov new york and thee city ov tokyo
(....fucking weiiiird)
gang of four- a brief history of the twentieth century
james brown- 20 greatest hits
sonic youth- "goo"
the movielife- it's go time

no_exit said:
psychic tv- live in thee city ov new york and thee city ov tokyo
(....fucking weiiiird)
Oh my god, do people really still listen to Psychic TV? :)
Years ago, they had a pseudo-cult called "thee temple ov psychic youth", which I was a member of and heavily involved with. Genesis P-Orridge was a funny lad, he just gets stranger as time goes on (he has recently got breast implants).
I have that album (one of about 30 PTV albums I still own). The track "Supermale", which mixes the voices of Pope John Paul II with Anton La Vey, is the best thing on it.
Psychic TV's music has dated so very badly. Everyone of their albums that I listen to now, I think "well, this COULD have been good".
Hah hah, what a blast from the past, though.
To be honest, if you want to hear music like this done well, check out Coil. Particularly, their album "Love's Secret Domain".
Some of you may already know Coil from their remixes of Nine Inch Nails: check out your copies of Fixed and Further Down The Spiral. Also, their remix of "Closer" (which was also the theme music to the film "Seven") is fantastic.

eoin said:
You should check out (if you have'nt already) the album BY J. Zorn CALLED Naked City (Confusing the way the names are interchangable I know). The cover is an image of a man's body lying in the street after being shot dead. It's the best thing Zorn has done.

nooly said:
vaginal discharge may go through a number of textural changes in the course of a month, from clear, runny liquid to thick white mucous.
That brought a smile to my face, and made my night, to say the least. Thank you and god bless you!

(p.s. no sarcasm on my part whatsoever)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back