Tell me what yis are listening to (1 Viewer)

I know about 11% of the bands mentioned so far...

This is what I've been listening to:

The Fall - Rough Trade Anthology
Stevie Wonder - Inner Visions (wow, every time)
Jim O Rourke - Insignificance
les rythmes digitales - darkdancer
The Wire - On Return
They Might Be Giants - Flood
Le Tigre album...the name which escapes me
Television - Marquee Moon (Incredible, debut album and all, then they went poorly)

the strange guy said:
I think everyone will agree that we've just witnessed the LACK of street knowledge. Better whip out that A-Z before the next gig, muthafuckin' foo'.

And next time you bring out a CD, why not go all out and include another few sheets of A4 for your thanks list. Yo.

what cuz i don't know the lanes of dublin quite as well as you?! says more bout you than me geez!!! haha.

and what bout the demo thanks list? everyone on my part deserved they mention & it only gets bigger all the time. next one gunna be an A4 sheet for each member & then a fuckin' novel each for the best of...
you don't gotta read it, much prefer yo' opinion on the music rather than smart comments bout the layout, if you've heard it that is?!

ANDY RTF.

nj bloodline- "faceless"

In order to join the ranks of the elite, alongside Biohazard, Madball, and Fury of Five, it must have an utterly ridiculous video full of toughguys. Also, at some point on the record, someone has to make a ludicrous "urrrrrraaahhh!" noise, but thats a secondary requirement really.

shellec - 1000 hurts
nick cave - murder ballads
johnny cash - murder (from love, god, murder compilations)
nina simone - released
iron maiden - number of the beast (still no ticket...)
giveamanakick - is it ok to be loud jesus?
les savy fav - the cat and the cobra
crass- mixes
clannad - number 2 & number 4
mix tape on a constant loop on the walkman featuring jsbx, more shellac, the dirtbombs, more old nick cave, black flag, bluetip.

i don't have any of my vinyl down in corcaigh yet i i an fuckin sick to death of my cds.
and i miss bluetip.

treelo said:
When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called "the People's Stick”

is that a bakunin quote?

(and how's cork?)

(no, i haven't painted my bike yet.)

no_exit said:
that album is so good it makes me wanna cream my panties

what a disturbing thing to say....

also, i miss bluetip as well. so very much. check out retisonic, they're essentially the same but poppier.

STABMASTERARSON said:
what cuz i don't know the lanes of dublin quite as well as you?! says more bout you than me geez!!! haha.
I was testing the strength of your street knowledge.
and what bout the demo thanks list? everyone on my part deserved they mention & it only gets bigger all the time. next one gunna be an A4 sheet for each member & then a fuckin' novel each for the best of...
Really? It looks like you and your bandmembers put every single person you've ever met and then all the bands you've seen (and would like to see) live.
you don't gotta read it, much prefer yo' opinion on the music rather than smart comments bout the layout, if you've heard it that is?!
Well the music isn't my kind of thing, but your lyrics are fucking hilarious.

the strange guy said:
I was testing the strength of your street knowledge.
Really? It looks like you and your bandmembers put every single person you've ever met and then all the bands you've seen (and would like to see) live.
Well the music isn't my kind of thing, but your lyrics are fucking hilarious.

maybe they did, don't really matter that much does it?
my list was cutdown so much juz to fit in & as i said when you know safe people you wanna let 'em know that they mean more than the regular scum of the world. i only thanked bands i know & am mates with.

that's cool if you ain't into the music, at least you gave it a lizen. the lyrics for the two i wrote might be a lil OTT, but are bout particular people, they're fuckin' jeowkes & deserve to die slow, painful deaths!!

ANDY RTF.

I Is John said:
what a disturbing thing to say....
not really.. once when i was 15 i heard some guys on the bus talking about cheese and how just thinking about cheese gave them a hard-on. wouldn't you find that more disturbing? personally i found it pretty funny, but i guess it's just a matter of taste.

tom. said:
is that a bakunin quote?

(and how's cork?)

(no, i haven't painted my bike yet.)
bakunin quote - yes. i'm a cliché, or hadn't you noticed.

cork - grand. still figuring it out buh.

painted your bike? ahem. that's not a bike tom, it's a truck. it might only have two wheels and it might be environmentally friendly, but i'd still be willing to bet money that it's an undercover truck.

Pop albums:

Beach Boys -everything.
Fleetwood Mac -Rumours/Tango in the Night.

Eh...can't think of any more, although I am partial to a bit of Micky J. Apart from that, this week has been HHIG, HHIG and a little bit of HHIG on the side.

Cormcolash said:
nj bloodline- "faceless"

In order to join the ranks of the elite, alongside Biohazard, Madball, and Fury of Five, it must have an utterly ridiculous video full of toughguys. Also, at some point on the record, someone has to make a ludicrous "urrrrrraaahhh!" noise, but thats a secondary requirement really.
Dunno about the video. If they had one I'm sure it'd be up to your standsrds. Most of the vocals, if my memory serves me right, are of the
Cormcolash said:
urrrrrraaahhh!
nature. It's a work of genius, one day I will play it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back