Techniques and playing styles (1 Viewer)

you play a note and tap 12 frets up. im sure if you search it on you tube you can find it. can be really interesting.
pantone i believe i said earlier on that i was wrong.

Oh yeah i use them when Im playing "Anji".
You can actuall tap 5,7 or 12 or 17 frets up depending on where you are playing or if your using a capo.
They are nice in moderation and look flash except when you are drunk and dont hit them right:eek:

that clip of Emanuel doing classical gas when he bops the mic with his head is awesome.

gareth, you don't "understand metal"

don't you play in a country band? no wonder you like stryper! Pantone should really get into these guys. They threw bibles into the crowd, didn't they? And played lots of Pantonetonic scales.

yep i sure do. is that not allowed? glad im not a metal head though. and im or sure i can enter many conversations about metal. sure i think ive mentioned both chet atkins and van halen in the same sentence. and did i mention i like s club?

i posted this guy before:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this guy has an amazing technique dudes. i love that percussive style. and the dude is blind! and does an amazing trumpet impression.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

yep i sure do. is that not allowed? glad im not a metal head though. and im or sure i can enter many conversations about metal. sure i think ive mentioned both chet atkins and van halen in the same sentence. and did i mention i like s club?

Dude, give it a rest. No one cares...i'm sick of reading this shit.

I was just messing, feller! We should start a country metal band. Who's up for it?

Hello?

Anyone?

Leo Kotkke - Vaseline Machine Gun

Dude, give it a rest. No one cares...i'm sick of reading this shit.

Leo Kottke is awesome. I went to guitar lessons for a little bit last year and was chatting to my teacher and asked if he knew about Leo Kottke. He goes "Oh yeah, isn't he the guy who plays kinda like this ...." and then quickly improvises about 20 seconds of perfect Leo Kottke-like guitar playing. Makes you sick really.

bloodly hell

If you like fingerpicking check out this guy

http://www.busterbjones.com/

You can click on the icon beside the titles

Listen to the first one, Back Porch Boogie- he begins playing the bass line then the rythm and then the lead all on one guitar

Also a scorching verison of Black Mountain rag

theyrell all great

what the fuck is sweep picking? i hate metallers and their insistance that a musician is only good if they can play 10000000 notes a second.

what the fuck is sweep picking? i hate metallers and their insistance that a musician is only good if they can play 10000000 notes a second.

Well 10000000 notes a second is probably taking it a bit too far in fairness.

My general rule of thumb is that anyone who can play the fast riff in disposable heroes has peaked musically.

Whould be arsed?

http://www.strummerguitar.com/

440_Front_rs2.jpg

[FONT='trebuchet ms', tahoma, sans-serif]This guitar is a faithful reproduction of Joe Strummer's 1966 Fender Telecaster. Every detail of Joe's guitar was painstakingly researched and recreated here.

I've also seen this done with Stevie Ray Vaughans guitar

What a waste of time

[/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back