Techniques and playing styles (1 Viewer)

i prefer the up/down movement of the strumming arm. sometimes i introduce a down/down movement also on the strumming arm. it can give great results to combine both the up/down strum technique with the down/down strum technique to give a sort of up/down/down/down strumming pattern.
my left or "fretting" hand arranges its fingers into to a wide variety of positions thus producing varying notes which together form what are commonly known as a chord.

hell no.

by the way talking about guitar techniques is poo.

started playing along with van halen the other day. fucksake like.

How is it?
It's the guitar forum,some people are into it.

What strikes me as funny about you is that you take the piss out of every metal kind of clip I post up i.e with sweeps and shredding etc and you claim to like Van Halen and Saxon...thats a little odd.

I would ask what other NWOBHM you like but you could always just google it and give me an answer......

Im sure you can read between the lines of what Im trying to say here.

Im not into getting into a petty squabble again with you on the internet,I dont even know you so I couldnt be arsed,so this is the last time Im going to reply to any of your retorts to shit I post.
If you want to persistently make yourself look like an idiot by all means knock yourself out mate.

edit-Im obviousl;y refferring to Saxon and NWOBHM not Van Halen before you try and quote me there.

How is it?
It's the guitar forum,some people are into it.

What strikes me as funny about you is that you take the piss out of every metal kind of clip I post up i.e with sweeps and shredding etc and you claim to like Van Halen and Saxon...thats a little odd.

I would ask what other NWOBHM you like but you could always just google it and give me an answer......

Im sure you can read between the lines of what Im trying to say here.

Im not into getting into a petty squabble again with you on the internet,I dont even know you so I couldnt be arsed,so this is the last time Im going to reply to any of your retorts to shit I post.
If you want to persistently make yourself look like an idiot by all means knock yourself out mate.

edit-Im obviousl;y refferring to Saxon and NWOBHM not Van Halen before you try and quote me there.
yesss sir.

classic.
enjoy your thread.

EDIT: by the way you dont have to be a prick and insult me. you take the piss outta people left, right and centre on this site and once its comes back at ye, you lash out like a little baby. in sorry i didnt embrace your thread. oh look i posted a little sarcastic comment and it hurt your feelings. i'm sorry i forgot that you are the god of metal. you also seem to forget that i HATE metallica(99% of it). so im sorry that i dont like your metallica clips.
so back the fuck off and quit the pointless "you dont know what youre talking about shite" and turning this sour.
also fighting on the internet is stupid. sorry pete.
oh and im surprised your last comment didnt end "your pal, brian"

peace like.
g

and yeah i love van halen. theyre FAN TAST IC. doesnt mean i have to give a shit about sweeps.

g
(continuing to make himself look like an idiot on the internet)
snared rapih

yesss sir.

classic.
enjoy your thread.

EDIT: by the way you dont have to be a prick and insult me. you take the piss outta people left, right and centre on this site and once its comes back at ye, you lash out like a little baby. in sorry i didnt embrace your thread. oh look i posted a little sarcastic comment and it hurt your feelings. i'm sorry i forgot that you are the god of metal. you also seem to forget that i HATE metallica(99% of it). so im sorry that i dont like your metallica clips.
so back the fuck off and quit the pointless "you dont know what youre talking about shite" and turning this sour.
also fighting on the internet is stupid. sorry pete.
oh and im surprised your last comment didnt end "your pal, brian"

peace like.
g

haha you didn't hurt my feelings,Im an emotional stone on the internet.
I think I only ever posted one Metallica clip too and never claimed to be a god of metal...whatever that is.The only reason I post on shit metal related a lot is because I know more about it than any other kind of music thats posted about here....

However,you have consistently replied to my posts on this forum with "phffft thats shit" type comments.....so what do you expect?

Sure I take the piss out of people here but its mostly on such topical threads as "Im in on Saturday in hotpants" or "I need sex" or whatever type threads.

I wasnt saying you knew nothing either,I was pointing out the inconcictency of labelling shit as widdly widdly shite and saying Van Halen are great or Saxon are great.

The googling comment was a little out of order.I apologise for that but not the rest.

and yeah i love van halen. theyre FAN TAST IC. doesnt mean i have to give a shit about sweeps.

g
(continuing to make himself look like an idiot on the internet)
snared rapih

you know Gareth, if you did a lot less yapping and a lot more sweeping, you'd get a cleaner sound out of your guitar.

that was a pun.

BUt if you're self taught, you have to learn new styles and new techniques. Without a teacher, you. I wouldn't still be wanking over Mr Atkins if I hadn't sat down and learnt his alternating bass style, which then meant I could go on from that to MIssissippi John Hurt , or Rev Gary Davis , to maybe writing stuff in that vein, which was an eye opener.
. Sometimes the only way to open up something for yourself is to get into the detail. I was playing guitar for three years and still shit before I realised that if I took ten minutes to ask somebody or read something on certain techniques
I could play and write better stuff( at least to me). Does that not make sense ? Anyone you revere as a guitar player will have done the same, a hundredfold. Or, obviously, anyone playing anything.

So what's sweep picking anyway?

So what's sweep picking anyway?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This dude used to deadly tutorials in total guitar but not anymore.I wished I paid attention when he did.

this might sound obvious but guitar techniques magazine is a pretty good place to start. Rusty Cooley(shred guy) did a lesson for them a few months back and it has definitely improved my sweep picking and tapping. there's no bullshit in the mag about players fav pizza topping etc. it's a really helpful technique based mag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back