Tape to MP3? (1 Viewer)

Monkey

Website
www.tshock.net
I've got stuff on tape that I want to make into MP3.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?:

I got this program called Audiograbber off of Tucows.com that can record from a line-in source and I've hooked up my tape player to my computer by with a cable with 2 heaphone type plugs. when i play the tape great quality sound comes out of my speakers but when I record it and play it back it sounds like its been recorded underwater

I've got stuff on tape that I want to make into MP3.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?:

I got this program called Audiograbber off of Tucows.com that can record from a line-in source >when i play the tape great quality sound comes out of my speakers

Is that your computer speakers?

>but when I record it and play it back it sounds like its been recorded underwater

Not familiar with the application in question, but would suggest you check that the sample rate is high enough (around 44.7MHz). You should make sure that virtual memory is not running. You should also defrag your hard-disk.

Having just had peak at AG, I don't think this is the tool you really need. It appears to be designed more for grabbing from CD's. Therefore you would need to record your track as an aiff (or wav if your wintel dependent) and then convert to mp3. However, if you have the ability to do this, the software your using to record it will have a save as mp3 option more than likely.

In short find something else to use. Be that a demo version of somerthing or even some warez.

what I'd do is plug me tape machine in to my 'sound in' thing and then use a sound recording program (sound edit 1.6 is what I use for day to day sound recording). I'd check my sample rates and make sure I've a stereo signal coming from the tape machine and being picked up by the 'puter. I'd hit record on sound edit, play on the tape and let it do its business then save the file as a .AIFF (first using Sound Edit to clean up any glitches and maybe EQ a bit) and use iTunes to convert the AIFF to MP3. (not as many sound applications as you think export to MP3...suprisingly enough)

then I'd have a cup of tea stick on my new Johnathan Richman CD and allow myself to feel smug and content with my days work.

this is how to for the Mac... there is shareware applenty at Harmony Central or Hit Squad (sorry no url's...I am lazy) and auditioning a few different packages your sure to find one to do the job.

what pantone said also goes for pc. if you've got a creative sound card you can use their software for recording, it works fine, otherwise just use any wave editor. save to .wav, and put that file into an mp3 encoder like blade to convert it. i can't remember the exact url for blade, but it's in the audiograbber help file. it's a tiny download, and works really well.

And remember, PC kids - double click on your little speaker icon in the system tray and click options, properties, select "recording", click OK, select your recording source and make sure the volume isn't too high - otherwise it might sound like it's being recorded underwater. Possibly.

"PC Kids" is a good name for a TV show about precocious young law enforcement officials.

pete (15 Oct, 2001 12:18 p.m.):
And remember, PC kids - double click on your little speaker icon in the system tray and click options, properties, select "recording", click OK, select your recording source and make sure the volume isn't too high - otherwise it might sound like it's being recorded underwater. Possibly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back