Take Me Out on TV3 (1 Viewer)

Mind you that's all in my head and probably only occured to me cos i'd just watched loads of Carnivale

oh and that's only if you were forced to go out with someone and there be an age difference.

I was thinking about this the other day and I realised that i'd have less problem dating someone who was 40 or 50* than someone who was 18. Massive fear of becoming a dirty old man I think.

Of course it's completely preposterous for a guy to do this so, yeah, cheers society.

It's because of babies. It doesn't work well that way around.

Poor Ashton Kutcher, doomed to have no kids of his own

:(

I haven't actually seen this show, how does it compare to paisean faisean?

Poor Ashton Kutcher, doomed to have no kids of his own

:(

I haven't actually seen this show, how does it compare to paisean faisean?

This is the score: On the surface it seems fine but it's not.

1. Woman could be interested in a man ten years younger but if in her 30's probably wants kids asap (drying up and all) so a 20 something would most likely not be into that.

2. Woman could be interested in a man ten years younger but if in her 30's and DOESN'T want kids it's still a problem because in about 5 to 7 years time when the guy in his 20s is now in his 30s probably does and she's all dried up or still doesn't want them. This means she is now in her 40s and alone because he took off to procreate. That's not a good place to be as a woman. It's bad enough mid thirties with the looks of pity, "oh, you're all alone, poor you." Most men want younger or would be okay with 30s but 40's is pushing it unless you happen to be a women blessed with good genes.

3. This is where 'Cougar' comes to play because the only relationship that can be sustained by an older woman and a much younger man is a sexual one. It makes it seem cheap, even though it might not be. Either way, leaves it less desirable because of the stigma.

Men can have children at any age so they can date a woman of any age a bit easier or without thinking too much on the subject. Plus single men in their 40's are a rare commodity. Fact is, single women have the power in their 20's and men have it in their 30s & 40's.

I would agree, and would be more likely to date someone double my age than someone younger and probably someone of the same age too. The show is great.

This is the score: On the surface it seems fine but it's not.

1. Woman could be interested in a man ten years younger but if in her 30's probably wants kids asap (drying up and all) so a 20 something would most likely not be into that.

2. Woman could be interested in a man ten years younger but if in her 30's and DOESN'T want kids it's still a problem because in about 5 to 7 years time when the guy in his 20s is now in his 30s probably does and she's all dried up or still doesn't want them. This means she is now in her 40s and alone because he took off to procreate. That's not a good place to be as a woman. It's bad enough mid thirties with the looks of pity, "oh, you're all alone, poor you." Most men want younger or would be okay with 30s but 40's is pushing it unless you happen to be a women blessed with good genes.

3. This is where 'Cougar' comes to play because the only relationship that can be sustained by an older woman and a much younger man is a sexual one. It makes it seem cheap, even though it might not be. Either way, leaves it less desirable because of the stigma.

Men can have children at any age so they can date a woman of any age a bit easier or without thinking too much on the subject. Plus single men in their 40's are a rare commodity. Fact is, single women have the power in their 20's and men have it in their 30s & 40's.

wow. You really are obsessed with babies.

Babies are to Jill Hives what Corruption is to Ian MacKaye.

My only point was it seems to be ok for everyone to date someone older than them these days but it's not ok for anyone, male or female, to date someone younger. I made it a stupid way though.

I'm not obsessed with babies, everyone else is.
Fear scale remains: Teenagers, babies, spiders, mushrooms, and keg delivery holes.

Well as long as you're not scared of clowns.

Like that one never gets old.

I used to absolutely hate them and trained myself into eating them and now am obsessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back