Takashi Miike (1 Viewer)

nlgbbbblth said:
Film Four Extreme - agree
somewhat disappointing

They did show Tetsuo though. I was shattered at the time and didn't get to see it all though. Didn't appear to have much of a plot (not that that's a bad thing) apart from people have body parts replaced by metal bits.

nlgbbbblth said:
good movie and well made

not enjoyable though
Funny, that; I thought it was hilarious.
"Mangia, MANGIA"!!

The book is more "transgressive" (to use that ridiculous postmodern terminology) than the film, and for a very simple reason, which we couldn't dare mention, for fear of offending some readers.... :D

Back on topic,
I quite like Miike's films, although, after seeing the lot of "Dead or alive" and "Shinjuku Triad Society" in practically one sitting (Thats 6 installments, last count), I think I've had enough of that kind of stuff. I loved "Audition" (or "Odishun", as our Japanese friends call it), great atmosphere and photography, and thought the best part of Katakuris was the mental 15 minutes animation intro. Pity about the film.

I see we have a few Sade and Mirbeau fans among us, I can recommend both Renoir & Bunuel's films of "Diary of a chambermaid", subtle, funny and caustic as hell.

did you know takeshi miike only has one nut? left one got blasted by a nunchuck, true story.

i think it sounds kind of cool if you read the rest of the description, if extremely unoriginal... miike wont let us down.

whens gozu out on DVD?

Saw "Audition" the other night. Great film. Lulls one into a false sense of bordom. Kirikirikirikiri...

I thought "the hapiness of the katakuris" was shite. I just didnt get it... Too overblown.

I love de Sade's "Sodom", I have read it several times now and found it genuinely enjoyable, entertaining and hillarious.

"Salo" I haven't seen, but have heard is fairly tame... still would be interested in seeing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back