Synth Repair (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

Hello,
You may remember i bought a Polysix that was fucked there a while back.
Any good places for synth repair?
I'm pretty desperate at this stage.

If yer coming to galway this weekend bring it up. Theres a guy called Shay who works in the film centre. He fixes everything. He is a wizard. Done loadsa stuff for me from samplers to amps to pedals.

Cool. Not sure will we make it this weekend though. Might have to wait a couple of weeks. Woo!

So I handed this in to be fixed, and huzzah it's working.

BUT - now that it's working, it's actually out of tune. Any ideas why this could be?

A mate suggested it could be a power issue. I'm not sure am I using the right kind of converter (it's a US synth).. could this be it?

Anyway, if you're wondering why it was broken in the first place:

Basically the guy who sold it to me had replaced the battery with the wrong type, which means that there was NO WAY it was working when he sent it over, because as soon as Dave replaced the battery it was working.

When I mailed yer man a few months ago telling him it wasn't working he said it must have been damaged in transit.

Moral of the story: Never ever buy anything big and expensive off ebay, unless you can track down the cunt and punch him in the face if it's broken.

there's some guy in a music school on abbey street is supposed to be good, thats not very informative but thats where i heard a while ago

my ms10 goes a bit wonky for few minutes while it warms up,i'd power it up for half an hour and see if the pitch changes,on mine theres little rubber grommits on the faceplate of the synth that you pop off and tune with a screw driver

This reminds me of an interview I saw with the Orb in Future Music.

Some guy replaced the power supply in their Memory Moog but used the wrong one, all the curtis chips blew, there was smoke coming out of the sides. Now for some reason, he wasn't returning their calls.

Be careful before trusting your beloved analogue gear to a rando. I need my SH-101 calibrated but the paranoia after reading that article has made me very reluctant.

Still have the service docs for it and I can use a voltmeter but don't own one that's accurate to 4 decimal places, or have the time and patience.

Try Conor Farren, Abbey School, 01-8747908

Cheers for the tip Meta!

Be careful before trusting your beloved analogue gear to a rando. I need my SH-101 calibrated but the paranoia after reading that article has made me very reluctant.

The guy who fixed my synth in the first place is fairly confident that he can fix the tuning thing. I trust him anyways cos he definitely knew what he was doing in the first place.

But i know what you mean... You have to be really careful with the older stuff. If someone who doesn't know what they're doing gets near it you could be in trouble!

hey, just saw this!
it was a guy in Cork, on MacCurtain St. That prob isn't much help.
The synth is in perfect working order now though!

Yo. Anybody got any further word on this dude in the Abbey School?
I've a Juno 60 that needs a whack in the teeth and an MS2000 that needs a root up the swiss.
In a gentle, "repairing" kind of way, of course.

Mr Fixit, are you around the Longford area?

Are you able to fix tascam four-tracks?

If so, I may have a mission for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back