Synecdoche, New York (1 Viewer)

Excellent film - very very funny and makes you think about what you're doing with your own life. I agree that a director might have help structure it a bit better though.

Saw it at the weekend. Couldn't pronounce it for starters, and when I tried to ask for a ticket, my words, as they say, came out on crutches. Not a good start!

Just looked up the pronunciation:

Syn-eche-dough-key

:eek:

That is nowhere close to what I had been saying in my head for this word. Lucky I never actually ever tried to use it in a sentence

Just looked up the pronunciation:

Syn-eche-dough-key

:eek:

That is nowhere close to what I had been saying in my head for this word. Lucky I never actually ever tried to use it in a sentence

well the girl at the ticket counter understood what i meant when i asked for a ticket sin-the-dock

saw it on saturday, i found it to be weird and wonderful. an excellent movie

On telly tonight. I might watch it to see if my mind has changed in the 4 years since I last saw it

BBC2 at 11pm

SynecdocheNY_5.jpg

"I don't think you should tell her she doesn't have blood." One of the best lines, I still love all the little bits, like his surname. Cotard. It all weaves together in a wonderful way. I may need to rewatch it soon. I will miss PSH as an actor, he was one of my favorites since Scent of a Woman. I watched this when it was in the film fest. I should have been in the hospital but I held out to watch it, it was worth it.

I thought about it a lot since I watched it but I am not sure if I would be bothered watching it again. It describes the passage of time in one's life in a way I can relate to though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back