Synecdoche, New York (1 Viewer)

Excellent film - very very funny and makes you think about what you're doing with your own life. I agree that a director might have help structure it a bit better though.

Saw it at the weekend. Couldn't pronounce it for starters, and when I tried to ask for a ticket, my words, as they say, came out on crutches. Not a good start!

Just looked up the pronunciation:

Syn-eche-dough-key

:eek:

That is nowhere close to what I had been saying in my head for this word. Lucky I never actually ever tried to use it in a sentence

Just looked up the pronunciation:

Syn-eche-dough-key

:eek:

That is nowhere close to what I had been saying in my head for this word. Lucky I never actually ever tried to use it in a sentence

well the girl at the ticket counter understood what i meant when i asked for a ticket sin-the-dock

saw it on saturday, i found it to be weird and wonderful. an excellent movie

On telly tonight. I might watch it to see if my mind has changed in the 4 years since I last saw it

BBC2 at 11pm

SynecdocheNY_5.jpg

"I don't think you should tell her she doesn't have blood." One of the best lines, I still love all the little bits, like his surname. Cotard. It all weaves together in a wonderful way. I may need to rewatch it soon. I will miss PSH as an actor, he was one of my favorites since Scent of a Woman. I watched this when it was in the film fest. I should have been in the hospital but I held out to watch it, it was worth it.

I thought about it a lot since I watched it but I am not sure if I would be bothered watching it again. It describes the passage of time in one's life in a way I can relate to though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back