SWANS UK tour may/june 2014 (1 Viewer)

They should reissue "white light from the mouth of infinity" its being out of print for a long time, most of there other stuff is available

Old era: Cop and Public Castration is a Good Idea
Mid era: Children of God
Late era: Soundtracks for the Blind and Swans Are Dead
Current era: The Seer

Thank me later.
I'd go for My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky over The Seer, I find the latter a bit too long and unwieldy and occasionally veering into silliness. The rest are great though.

i'd say soundtracks for the blind is a good place to start, unless you're particularly into slow, dirgey, brutal, negative stuff, then the early albums would be more to your taste

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd go for My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky over The Seer, I find the latter a bit too long and unwieldy and occasionally veering into silliness. The rest are great though.

I was going to suggest My Father but The Seer just trumps it for me. Close call though. I know what you mean about the silliness but I like the fact that Gira is screaming "Space cunt!" over a roaring noise. He's a funny guy, it just doesn't come across in songs like "Raping a Slave".

Also, his solo albums and his other band The Angels of Light are also absolutely brilliant. How I Loved You by The Angels of Light might even be better than Swans for me.

decided to just get a ticket for glasgow

i guess i can go to aberdeen too if i figure something out

Weird that this thread is on this forum. Looking forward to seeing them again at ATP Iceland. Hopefully they'll play something off Children of God this time.

Haven't they being playing tracks from that on the last couple of tours? Definitely have been including "Beautiful Child", "Sex God Sex" and maybe another in their shows. Though now that I think about it, the most recent tour was all new stuff.

Haven't they being playing tracks from that on the last couple of tours? Definitely have been including "Beautiful Child", "Sex God Sex" and maybe another in their shows. Though now that I think about it, the most recent tour was all new stuff.

They only played those on the first tour after reforming, been pretty much all new material the last few years plus Coward up until last year.

i much prefer the seer

although it's not ideal to listen to on LP with six sides to flip through

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back