SWANS UK tour may/june 2014 (1 Viewer)

nooleen

bad ape
Solutions
i've carried out a venue-by-venue analysis looking at capacities and day of the week the gig is on which i thought i might as well share

5/22 Manchester, UK @ Manchester Academy 2 - 2600 capacity, thursday
5/23 Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK @ Hoult's Yard - 900, friday
5/24 Glasgow, UK @ The Arches - 2000, saturday
5/25 The Lemon Tree, UK @ Aberdeen - 550, sunday
5/27 London, UK @ Electric Brixton - no
5/28 Bristol, UK @ Trinity Centre - 800, wednesday
5/29 Reading, UK @ Sub 89 - 600, thursday
6/1 Leeds, UK @ The Cockpit Leeds - 500, sunday
6/2 Brighton, UK @ Concorde 2 - 600, monday

Supersonic in Birmingham in the middle there too ....

I want to go to all of these.

i've carried out a venue-by-venue analysis looking at capacities and day of the week the gig is on which i thought i might as well share

5/22 Manchester, UK @ Manchester Academy 2 - 2600 capacity, thursday
5/23 Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK @ Hoult's Yard - 900, friday
5/24 Glasgow, UK @ The Arches - 2000, saturday
5/25 The Lemon Tree, UK @ Aberdeen - 550, sunday
5/27 London, UK @ Electric Brixton - no
5/28 Bristol, UK @ Trinity Centre - 800, wednesday
5/29 Reading, UK @ Sub 89 - 600, thursday
6/1 Leeds, UK @ The Cockpit Leeds - 500, sunday
6/2 Brighton, UK @ Concorde 2 - 600, monday
Electric is about 1,700 I think. I saw MBV there, the sound was a bit mental for them but it was great for the support act. The view from the balcony was fucking perfect though.

Supersonic in Birmingham in the middle there too ....

I want to go to all of these.
i want to go to aberdeen (for the small venue), glasgow is closest but i don't like the arches, i saw them there a couple of years ago and it wasn't great

but i'm still on my provisional license so i can't drive by myself - so if anyone with a full license wants to visit edinburgh and accompany me to the aberdeen gig now's your chance

I believe 'general' was originally general music talk but the distinctions fell apart a few years back so anything goes really. Anyway, carry on.

i want to go to aberdeen (for the small venue), glasgow is closest but i don't like the arches, i saw them there a couple of years ago and it wasn't great

but i'm still on my provisional license so i can't drive by myself - so if anyone with a full license wants to visit edinburgh and accompany me to the aberdeen gig now's your chance

Your gentleman companion is not a fan?

not particularly
and especially not on a sunday evening with a 2 and a half hour drive back after the gig with work the next morning

What about the train to Aberdeen ? Seems like a long way to travel for a gig though.

I'm gonna guess there isn't a 1am Aberdeen-Glasgow express.

Well if the return destination was Edinburgh and the gig ended at say half elevenish and the last trains are most likely around midnight (although you never know with a Sunday) depending on how close the the venue is to the central station in Aberdeen i might work.

nah, there's only a train at half nine and the next one's at five-something AM. bus options are slightly worse.

i do know some people living in aberdeen but not sure i want to ask any of them for a place to stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back