SWANS UK tour may/june 2014 (1 Viewer)

I see they have just announced a date in Amsterdam in September. Obviously swinging back through Europe then later in the year. Hopefully an Irish show. Wavering about heading over the the UK this month - if there's definately a chance of seeing them later in the year (even if it is the UK) I'll probably hold off ....

I think I saw it on Facebook. Also Unsound festival in Krakow in the Autumn ...

There's a bit about it here...

Also a link to a stream of the To Be Kind on NPR!

I'm a few listens in on the new album and it's knocking my socks off so far. Much more instant than The Seer although I have heard some of the songs live last year already. A few very nice echoes of the mid nineties period scattered throughout the album which I'm quite pleased with.

Going to see them at Supersonic in Birmingham next Saturday night now. Hurray!!

just in from the glasgow gig, it was great, except for at the start when michael gira decided to take a stand against the venue's barriers which were about two feet out from the stage and announced that they wouldn't play unless the barriers were moved forward. seems like that maybe could have been suggested BEFORE the crowd had all pushed and wedged their way into position. security were none too pleased but it got done in the end. then he started going 'obey - stand back - do not question your masters' or some shit to that effect. most of the crowd loved the whole thing. i was embarrassed on everyone's behalf. and pissed off because i'd staked out my spot at the barrier as soon as the support act was over and ended up having to shuffle back into gen-pop while the barriers were moved and then wedge myself back in sideways between the speakers and some big sweaty fool.

so yeah, awesome gig though

POWER THROUGH

i cut a holiday short, made a four-hour bus journey through the highlands and a late-night drunk-filled train journey followed by a half-hour wait in the rain for a night bus afterwards and it was totally worth it.

POWER THROUGH

i cut a holiday short, made a four-hour bus journey through the highlands and a late-night drunk-filled train journey followed by a half-hour wait in the rain for a night bus afterwards and it was totally worth it.

You forgot "IN FUCKING SCOTLAND!" at the end.

Here's my photo of Swans at Supersonic ... I thought some of ye might be interested in this.

swansfront001.jpg

Oh yeah and according to the man himself we will be seeing Swans in Ireland by the end of the year. He was however slightly vague about it so I wouldn't take this as gospel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back