Supersilent (1 Viewer)

that's what i thought about the sounddude being the 4th

i really dug it - was kinda hammers towards the end though
felt sleepy

the trumpet singing (?) bit at the start was great
thought it was a sample or something...confusing

Yers, i expected more, was also ridiculously overtired at this gig.

One of the keys players went through a phase of extremely annoying 80's synth stabs in one piece, comedy it was...

The first piece was nice though, more like the stuff on record.

This week I have also been disappointed by Janek Schaefer who played a mediocre 60min set - some good bits but couldn't keep the momentum up, just not Philip Jeck at Mor.

I thought Supersilent were pretty good, for the most part anyway. I didn't have any idea what I was going to witness, other than it was improv and it came highly recommended so I didn't suffer the general disapointment that most others seemed to have. Overall for 20 bucks, it was a little too hit and miss and I found myself zoning in and out of concentrating on the music. But when it was good I thought it was a very enjoyable performance. Nice skats.

Favourite descriptions from the fine wordsmiths at my table : "SunRatechure" and "the opposite of releasing doves." Quite.

I quite enjoyed them, although I kind of agree about keeping Hendrikson away from the drums in the future. Didn't really add anything. I thought that was a bit weird, because the time I saw them before (ATP) they were the same three-piece, but there were no drums to be seen. Purely electronics and trumpets.

So it wasn't as good as that ATP gig, but I don't have any major complaints. However:

chico said:
this is going to be better than the cardiacs.

Actually, it wasn't.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back