SuperFi Records news (1 Viewer)

Small distro update!

Diet Pills - s/t 7" [newish uk band going the deranged flipper meets melvins route]
Facel Vega / Harbour - Split LP [cracking south wales punk matchup]
Gruel - s/t 2xLP [leeds supergroup of heavy stoner madness, hawkwind meets swans]
State Run - s/t LP [youthful welsh punkers in a rites of spring fashion, a classic already]
Twisted - Daydream 7" [more punk stuff from facel vega / state run folk]

Things are really coming together for the Snowblood and Moss records too! Found what seem to be printers up to the job for the former, and the various components for the latter are in production too.

Tractor recorded six new slabs of rock at Chuckalumba Studios recently. If you're interested in putting them out, let me know.

superfisalead.jpg

Distro sale now on! Tons of CDs and vinyl on offer. Vast majority of stuff is under a fiver. Check it out at www.superfirecords.co.uk/store.html

Latest distro additions:
Above Them / The Amistad - Split 7" [gruff uk melodic punk matchup]
Disjecta Membrae - Taedium Vitae CD [extreme vomitory doom]
Domains - Towards Pleroma CD [unholy death metal]
Staathaat - s/t LP [dutch hardcore doomsters, ex-seein red]
Volition - s/t CD [crushing, cathartic uk doom]
Whole In The Head - Reclaim Your Future 7" [ripping uk thrash bordering on grind!]
Zoroaster - Dog Magic LP [atlanta's loudest, total sludge mayhem]
Zoroaster - s/t LP [atlanta's loudest, total sludge mayhem]

New distro stuff!

Burning The Prospect / Bacchus - Split 7" [uk vs eire d-beat attack]
Mob Rules / Crowd Control - Split 7" [uk vs eire again, hardcore pv attack]
Omerta / Whores Whores Whores - Split 7" [gnarly uk hardcore punk matchup]
Tombs - Winter Hours LP [gloomy blackened doomcore with shoegaze elements]
Unearthly Trance / Ramesses - Split 10" [ace doom split from the us and uk]
Various - Kingdom Of Fear 7" + Zine [uk hc comp w/ mob rules, cold snap, ironclad, gramercy riffs, crime wave & reality]
Zodiac - Rasierter Affe 10" [excellent german newschool grind stuff]

The new releases are coming along, more news very soon I hope!

Hi there! Here's the rundown of SuperFi activities as of 29th August 2009. I'm going to be moving to London to go back into full-time education, but I still have a bunch of things to put out, so it'll be business as usual for the moment (albeit maybe a bit slower).

======================================================

SNOWBLOOD - third CD/2xLP
CD out now, 2xLP out soon!

snowblood3outerart.jpg

snowblood3innerart.jpg

After years of delay (on our part), the third and final album by Snowblood is finally upon us! The Glasgow quartet were one of the best UK bands of recent times, with legendary live performances and two class albums ("Being And Becoming" and "The Human Tragedy") under their belt.

This third (untitled) album brings four (similarly untitled) songs in an hour, and is an out-and-out epic magnum opus that puts all this piffling newjack post-metal currently clogging the airwaves in the shade. Masters of the lyrical build-up, the tension builds organically, flowing inexorably towards utterly crushing doom passages time and time again. If you need further proof of their worth, John Peel played them on his show a good few times, and invited them to do a session for his annual Burns Night special of Scottish bands.

This album was produced by the band themselves in the isolated Scottish highlands. The beautifully detailed and elegant artwork was done by Glyn at Scrawled. The CD, pressed at Dual Plover, is limited to 500, with chipboard sleeves printed at Stumptown, and it turned out great. It's been designed to resemble a mini-gatefold so there is coherence between both formats.

The 2xLP version is not ready yet, but should be done in 3-4 weeks' time. That will be limited to 500 copies as well, all on black, in a gatefold sleeve on chipboard done at Flexovit.

The band didn't even put their names on the insert, so I'll thank Ewan, Luke, Tobin and Youngy here. R.I.P. Snowblood, you will be missed.

http://www.snowblood.com
http://www.myspace.com/beingandbecoming
http://www.scrawled.co.uk

MOSS - Eternal Return LP

Well this one certainly has been a long time in the making! This is a one-sided release in conjunction with Fuck Yoga Records out of Macedonia with a cracking stomper of a Moss tune on it that continues their exploration of improvisational, primal, nihilistic doom. There will be a limited screened clear version available via mailorder from the labels and the band, plus red and black copies which will go out to distros and so on. By the way, if you have the "Tombs Of The Blind Drugged" CD that Rise Above put out, this song is already on there.

http://www.myspace.com/cthonicrites
http://www.hellmilitia.com

THE GOOD WIFE - Teeth And Tongue / The Charnel House 7"

sf047large.jpg

This is the first release from this five-piece from the UK's south coast. Imagine a heady mix of Oxbow, The Jesus Lizard and The Stooges with some seriously weighty literary references, and you might get somewhere close.

http://www.myspace.com/tgwuk

GEISHA - Maudit A Minuit LP

The Bristol / Berlin noise-rock powerhouse (with emphasis on the noise) blast back with their third album following on from "Mondo Dell'Orrore" and "Die Verbrechen Der Liebe" (both still available from Crucial Blast and myself). Plenty of time changes, weirdo riffing, oddball songtitles and painfully cathartic, screaming emotion.

http://www.myspace.com/geishanoiseresearchgroup

EXECUTIVE DISTRACTION TASKS CD

This lot from Leeds in the UK do sickeningly insane, technical grind metal, and are famed for their blink-and-you'll-miss-it five minute live sets.

http://www.myspace.com/edtasks

ART OF BURNING WATER - Head Of The Tempest LP

We should be helping out get this lot's second album out after the original label bailed on them. The London trio are still making blastingly heavy and technical rock like Keelhaul fighting Zeni Geva while The Melvins place bets. They've gone for longer, gnarlier songs this time round, but it will still punch you squarely in the cock.

http://www.myspace.com/aobw

HEY COLOSSUS / TRACTOR - split 7"

hct01large.jpg

Strictly speaking we're not putting this one out, but we are organising it. Three labels in the UK, USA and Germany are involved, so many thanks to them. Hey C do an Andre Williams cover in their own inimitable style, while Tractor play one of their longer, dronier, more fucking horrible tracks (aptly titled "Headache").

http://www.heycolossus.com
http://www.superfirecords.co.uk/tractor
http://www.atwarwithfalsenoise.com
http://www.black-horizons.com
http://www.crucificados.de

There's a bunch of older SuperFi stuff still available, though some only in limited amounts, so act quick!

ARMY OF FLYING ROBOTS - Life Is Cheap CD (available)
ART OF BURNING WATER - The Voyage... CD (available)
THE DEATH OF HER MONEY - Spirit Of The Stairwell CD (available)
END THE AGONY - From The Lungs 7" (few left)
FLATLANDS / SUNSHINE REPUBLIC - split LP (available again soon)
GEISHA - Mondo Dell'Orrore CD (available)
JINN - s/t CD (available)
LINE - They Took Great Proud... CDEP (available)
THE MOCK HEROIC - Dignified Exits CD (few left)
SICBAY / VALINA - split 7" (few left)
SNOWBLOOD - The Human Tragedy CD (few left)
TAINT - Secrets And Lies 2xLP (few left)
TRACTOR / GEISHA - split 10" (few left)

There's a perpetual sale on in our massive hardcore / punk / doom / stoner / grind / noise distro, which is sorted by letter, genre and format. New stuff is added all the time!
http://www.superfirecords.co.uk/store.html

SuperFi lives (sort of)! I moved to London which was of course nothing short of a bloody nightmare, and then I started a new course which is beyond hectic, but I think I'm basically caught up enough to tell you about the following:

sf047large.jpg

THE GOOD WIFE - Teeth And Tongue / Charnel House 7"
This is out now! TGW is a storming newish five-piece from the UK who really don't sound like anyone else out there. Mix up Oxbow, The Jesus Lizard, The Stooges, some serious literary influences and cock-spurting artwork and you're almost there. Two tracks are offered up for your delectation.
Listen up: www.myspace.com/tgwuk

sf048.jpg

GEISHA - Maudit A Minuit LP
This is also out now! "Maudit A Minuit" is the third storming album from Bristol's Geisha. Seven tracks come at you like a psychedelic black storm, their blown-out and raw rock infused with a bone-rattling recording and covered in a thick sheen of white noise and gritty distortion. As with their previous album, the spirit of seminal noise sludge rock is combined with violent, chaotic VHS noise.
Bow down: www.myspace.com/geishanoiseresearchgroup

For those Stateside, Crucial Blast will have copies of the above soon: www.crucialblast.net

Still to come:

SNOWBLOOD third 2xLP
The CD is out there and picking up lovely reviews, but the guy doing the vinyl version's sleeves is on tour. It's looking like December until we can think about those being done.

EXECUTIVE DISTRACTION TASKS CD
The lads are still recording it in and around paying production jobs, but it's nearly there.

ART OF BURNING WATER - Head Of The Tempest LP
Their second, long-awaited magnum opus is very nearly there. It's all ready to send off music and art-wise, we just need to finalise the plans.

MOSS - Eternal Return LP
Ah, the big one. The records have been pressed! The artwork is still being finalised however, and there's a lot to the packaging which is why there is still a way to go on this.
There will 1000 pressed; 150 on clear, 350 on red and 500 on black. Myself and Fuck Yoga Records will have the bulk of these, and the band will have some too.
The clear ones will be available via mailorder from the labels and band only. These will have a screenprint on the B-side, and will also come with a large poster and embroidered patch.
The red and black copies will also come with the poster, but not the patch or the screenprint.
Moss will be making one of their rare live appearances at the Roadburn Festival in Holland on 17th April, 2010.

HEY COLOSSUS / TRACTOR - split 7"
I'm not putting this out, but you should know that it's coming soon, just need to get the sleeves printed when I have a spare nanosecond.

New distro stuff:
Black Elk - Always A Six, Never A Nine CD [nasty noise rock from portland, on tour soon]
Dial - s/t CDEP [awesome new zealand crushing brutality]
Geisha - Die Verbrechen Der Liebe CD [the bristol vhs scumrock kinds' second album]
Gnaw Their Tongues - All The Dread Magnificence Of Perversity CD [more laugh a minute noise drone doom]
Highgate - s/t CD []
Me And Goliath - s/t 10"
Mourning Dawn - For The Fallen CD
Nadja - Desire In Uneasiness CD
Noism - +/- CD
Overmars - Born Again CD
Pig Heart Transplant - Hope You Enjoy Heaven CD

www.superfirecords.co.uk

nice - can't wait to get the Snowblood and Moss record - saw some of the art/extras/packaging for the Moss record and it looks AMAZING!! Ivan has made up some crazy shit for this .|..| :D.

sf027large.jpg

Hi everyone, here's an update on that Moss LP that's been in the works for longer than I care to remember. Everything looks like it's coming together for it over the next couple of weeks (although the Christmas break won't help).

I just wanted to send a message out to ask if people were interested in getting the mailorder-only version. There will be 150 of these shared out between the labels and band, so shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll add you to the list of people who want one.

Still not sure how much it will cost, but it won't be anything too crazy. Sorry for those outside of Europe, it'll be more expensive for you guys due to postage. This will be distributed as far and wide as possible I hope so you should be able to pick it up locally for less.

On that note, if you run a distro and want to carry a bunch of either the white or black copies, then please do get in touch. Ask for potential trades too.

More info:
This one-sided LP features the track "Eternal Return".
There are 150 clear copies of this available via mailorder only. There's a screenprint on the B-side, and you get a poster and patch too.
There are 350 white copies, which come with the poster.
There are 500 black copies, which also come with the poster.
Check out Moss at www.myspace.com/cthonicrites
The other label involved is F*** Yoga out of Macedonia. Their site is www.hellmilitia.com and they have a bunch of great stuff either out now or coming really soon.

------------

Other news:
- Taint's new EP is out on Destructure, go get it! www.destructure.org / www.taint.co.uk
- Snowblood 2xLP is delayed until the printers get their press fixed. Damn! More news soon.
- Second Art Of Burning Water LP is coming together.
- The Good Wife are playing a gig in London on 20th January. Any promoter types should offer them more! Buy the 7" too.
- Executive Distraction Tasks are slowly but surely getting their CD done.
- Hey Colossus / Tractor split is also delayed because Tractor has to change their name because there is another band called Tractor. Suggestions are welcome!

------------

New distro junk:
After The Last Sky / S.A.T.A.N. - Split 7" [politicised blackened thrash meets ace polish powerviolence duo!]
Coffins - Mortuary In Darkness 2xLP [intensely evil and heavy japanese sludge doomcore!]
Grinding Halt - Discography Tape [ex-shikari hardcore with clever twists!]
Iron Hearse - s/t CD [uk band who really dig sabbath, vitus and the obsessed!]
Negative Reaction - Tales From The Insomniac CD [new album from the nyhc influenced aggro-stoners!]
Quest Of Quasar - Nok-Tur-Nal Tape [malaysian hhig meets uranus hardcore!]
Towers - Full Circle LP [new album from the botch-esque screamo upstarts!]
Towers / US Funk Team - Split 7" [harsh screamo hardcore battles some cool indie rock!]
Unearthly Trance / Aldebaran - Split 7" [nyc meets portland doom matchup!]

Hi there, here's a wee update for you...

I'm still waiting on a part of the MOSS LP packaging to arrive (the snow isn't helping), and then the long, dull process of assembling everything together will begin, but I'll keep everyone posted on that. Many thanks to those who have pre-paid for their copies! After the dust has settled I will only have a small amount left to sell, but it will (eventually) be available from a bunch of mailorders and distros such as...
Aesthetic Death, All That's Heavy, Aquarius, At War With False Noise, Aurora Borealis, Bis Aufs Messer, Bones Brigade, Chrome Peeler, Conspiracy, Crucial Blast, Crucificados, Doomentia, Electric Earth, E-Vinyl, Feast Of Tentacles, Halo Of Flies, Hellride, Kozmik Artifactz, La Vida Es Un Mus, Psychedoomelic, Robotic Empire, RSR, Sonic Deadline, Stickfigure, Streaks, Suburban Mayhem, Throne and maybe even some more!

---------------------------------------------

ART OF BURNING WATER's second album "Head Of The Tempest" will be going off to press soon. Here's what the cover will probably look like. As you can see it represents the mental state of the band during the anguished period of its creation.

sf050large.jpg

I will stick an mp3 from the album online soon, it seriously rocks like granite.

---------------------------------------------

There's a distro sale with reduced prices on virtually everything, so please go check it out.
Here's a list of new stuff, there's more coming in all the time too:
Agoraphobic Nosebleed / Total Fucking Destruction - Split 7" [grindcore heavyweights team up]
Aguirre - Calvaire LP [epic and heavy doom hardcore hybrid from this french mob]
Airfix Kits - Flex Time 7" [ex giant haystacks dudes make some lovely wiry post punk]
Armed Response Unit - No Point Calling The Cops 7" [ex palehorse metallised punk mayhem]
Brain Killer - s/t 7" [burly and fast noisy as hell hardcore punk rock]
Brain Killer - Demo 7" [burly and fast noisy as hell hardcore punk rock]
Brutal Truth - Machine Parts 7" [brutally brutal grind legends]
End Of All - Places 7" [ace swedish melodic d-beat crust]
Joe Pesci - At Our Expense CD [rough as hell uk grindcore trio]
Kowloon Walled City - Gambling On The Richter Scale LP [hefty low end on this noiserock slab]
Nomos - Demo 7" [nyc hardcore band influenced by the early 80's short sharp blasters]
Northless - No Quarter For The Damaged LP [a duo that sound like an army, quality stoner hardcore]
Ocean Chief - Den Forste LP [swedish doom lords do three songs in 44 mins]
Plasmid - s/t 7" [classic pre-heresy boombox thrash]
Spoonful Of Vicodin - Discography CD [blistering thrashy powerviolence duo]
Total Fucking Destruction - Compact Disc Version 1 CD [ex-brutal truth psychedelic grind]
Total Fucking Destruction - Peace, Love And... CD [more ex-brutal truth psychedelic grind]
Unkind - Mieliemme Tuhkasti Tape [dark yet melodic crustcore in a his hero is gone vein]

Unfortunately, the SuperFi website has gone down. The old URL should work eventually, but here's the temporary webpage in the meantime...

http://superfirecords.webs.com/temp.html

A list of everything for sale is there. Send me an email letting me know what you want and where you live, and I'll get back to you with a total.

New distro stuff:
A Storm Of Light / Nadja - Split 2xLP
The Austrasian Goat / L'Acephale - Split 7"
Black Sun / They Are Cowards - Split 7"
Devoid - s/t CD
Ghostlimb / Fischer - Split 10"
Gods And Queens - s/t LP
Haters - s/t LP
The Hunger - Winter 7"
Iron Lung / Walls / Pig Heart Transplant - Public Humiliation LP
Locrian - Rain Of Ashes CD
Locrian - Drenched Lands CD
Medusa - En Raga Sul Tape
Mike IX Williams - s/t 7"
Nadja - Corrasion 2xLP
Pollution - Nasty DNA LP
Raven's Creed - Neon Parasite 7"
Raven's Creed - Albion Thunder LP
Robotosaurus - Manhater 10"
Straight Edge Kegger - Hurt LP
Thou / Haarp - Split 7"
Thou / Mohorram Atta - Split LP
Torche - Meanderthal LP
Unholy Grave - Terroraging Crisis CD
Weakling - Dead As Dreams CD
White Heterosexuals - Modern Heterosexuality LP
Wreck Of The Hesperus - The Sunken Threshold LP

http://superfirecords.webs.com/temp.html

Man, it's been a while! I can only apologise. Things have been beyond hectic in "real life", but no one wants to hear my boring excuses.
You may have noticed that www.superfirecords.co.uk has changed. This is because the original site got destroyed somehow, but it's back up as a simple text and pictures thing.
I'm going to be away for most of April too. I have to go to China with my course to do a project. Hopefully they'll let me come back too.

The MOSS is out and people seem to really be digging both the music and the packaging, which is great. I still have a ton of them to send out, but over the next two weeks that should all be sorted out, especially as I'm going away. Keep an eye on the following distros for copies:
UK: At War With False Noise, Feast Of Tentacles
Europe: Bis Aufs Messer, Bones Brigade, Conspiracy, Crucificados, Doomentia, E-Vinyl, Electric Earth, Fuck Yoga, Kozmik Artifactz, RSR, Streaks, Suburban Mayhem, Throne
Rest of World: All That's Heavy, Aquarius, Chrome Peeler, Crucial Blast, Halo Of Flies, Hellride, Robotic Empire, Stickfigure
and possibly more.

ART OF BURNING WATER LP should be at the pressing plant now, but the tests are still to be approved.

SNOWBLOOD continues to get great reviews, and the vinyl continues to not be finished. I've been assured that the sleeves won't take long.
Incidentally, members of Snowblood got together to do a new band called OMMADON. We're selling their first CDR. Check them out at www.ommadon.co.uk

Some gigs of interest:
09/04/10 - London, The Borderline - Moss, Indesinence, Serpent Venom
16/04/10 - London, The Grosvenor - Hey Colossus, Art Of Burning Water, Diet Pills, At A Crawl
24/04/10 - Leeds, Joseph's Well - Voorhees, Brain Dead, Deal With It, Mob Rules, Nowhere Fast, Torn Apart

Massive distro update:
Agents Of Abhorrence - Character Dissection LP
Agents Of Abhorrence / Roskopp - Split 7"
Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Agoracopalypse LP
Atka / Shimetsu - Split LP
Aussitot Mort - Montuenga CD
Bacchus / Burning The Prospect - Split 7"
Cash For Your Stories - s/t 7"
Crowpath / Swarrrm - Split 7"
D9 / Mondo Gecko - Split LP
Daitro - Y CD
Dead In The Woods / Diet Pills - Split LP
Diet Pills - s/t 7"
Dozelimit - Constructions Of The Highest Architecture CD
Econochrist - Skewed 7"
Eibon - s/t CDEP
The Endless Blockade / Bastard Noise - The Red List LP
Envy / Jesu - Split LP
Extortion - Loose Screws 10"
Eyehategod - Southern Discomfort LP
Final - Reading All The Right Signals Wrong LP
Final & Fear Falls Burning - Collaboration LP
Gnaw - This Face LP
Grief - And Man Will Become The Hunted 2xLP
Hammers - Orogeny LP
Keelhaul - II LP
Low Threat Profile - s/t 7"
Luzifer's Mob - Complete Discography LP
Man Is The Bastard - DIYCD CD
Man Is The Bastard - The Sum Of The Men CD
Mesrine - Going To The Morgue LP
Mob Rules / Crowd Control - Split 7"
Narcosis / Swarrrm - Split 7"
Never Again - Pressure 7"
Ommadon - Demo 1 CDR
Phoenix Bodies / Raein - Split 7"
Relics - We Owe Ourselves This LP
Rosetta - The Galilean Satellites 1 2xLP
Rosetta - The Galilean Satellites 2 2xLP
Roskopp - s/t 7"
Senata Fox / Brivido - Split 7"
Slices - Cruising LP
Society Nurse - Junk Existence 7"
Su19b / xBrainiax - Split 7"
Swarrrm - s/t 7"
Thrones - Late For Dinner 7"
Twisted - Stockholm 7"
Warvictims - Domedagen LP
Year Of No Light / Macchu Picchu Mother Future - Split LP

As always, email me with any questions: [email protected]

Back from my trip, here are some new distro bits and bobs for you:

Bastard Noise / Malachi - The Immortals CD
Battle Of Wolf 359 - Collection Tape
Easpa Measa / Division's Ruin - Split LP
Extortion / Septic Surge - Split 7"
Grinding Halt / Drainland - Split 10"
Half Gorilla / Kursk - Split 7"
Hatred Surge - Deconstruct LP
Haymaker - Demo LP
Kidcrash - Snacks Tape
Kill The Client / Thousandswilldie - Split 7"
La Quiete - La Fine Non E La Fine Tape
Mob Rules / Crowd Control - Split 7"
Phoenix Bodies - Raise The Bullshit Flag Tape
Pig Heart Transplant / Juhyo - Split 7"
Pisschrist - Nothing Has Changed CD
Raein - Ogni Nuovo Inizio Tape
Spin Spin The Dogs - Leave Me In Leicester LP
Winters In Osaka - Molded To Crawl CD

www.superfirecords.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back