Sunset Rubdown (1 Viewer)

They don't appear to play to a setlist. Or if they do they memorise it beforehand. So if you call for it maybe you'll get it.

I implore one of you to do it for me! Even if I am close to the front my meek voice would never make it up to the stage...not even if I ever summonsed the nerve to shout something.

ARE my favorite new band. THeyre on at 830. Chlorine fields and Hey Moon are just beautiful, dreamy music at its most wide eyed ...

Cant wait to see them.

They're fucking shit at geography though.

Sunset were fucking awesome. And I know a certain someone who's heart must have soared when the first notes of the encore began.

Sunset were fucking awesome. And I know a certain someone who's heart must have soared when the first notes of the encore began.

Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes!

Thanks to scutter, I now feel like a girl in junior high. He walked up to Spencer post show and said something (lord knows what) and pointed at me. I walked up and said, "oh hi, I'm Jane" and shook his hand. He asked where I was from in the States, I said, "upstate NY... near the Canadian border. "I think I've been there" Ugh. I feel like an idiot this morning. Not to mention my head feels like it's underwater. Nevertheless, BEST SHOW I HAVE BEEN TO IN AGES. I wish I was on my way to Bristol right now.

I really didn't think Sunset Rubdown were *that* good at ATP... granted they were having a bad run o luck with strings breaking etc but I expected a whole lot more.

The other thing was I found that Pavillion stage thing a bit odd - hard to get your head into the music with so many people chattering all over it...pah!

So I guess I'd like to see Sunset Rubdown again in better venue, with luck on their side!

Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes!

Thanks to scutter, I now feel like a girl in junior high. He walked up to Spencer post show and said something (lord knows what) and pointed at me. I walked up and said, "oh hi, I'm Jane" and shook his hand. He asked where I was from in the States, I said, "upstate NY... near the Canadian border. "I think I've been there" Ugh. I feel like an idiot this morning. Not to mention my head feels like it's underwater. Nevertheless, BEST SHOW I HAVE BEEN TO IN AGES. I wish I was on my way to Bristol right now.

:) I just said something along the lines of, 'Excuse me, would you say hi to that girl there. Shes a really big fan. Shes from the US, living in Dublin'.

that was it really. No bribing or anything necessary. Hes just a really nice guy.

Who said it was a bad thing to meet your heroes? Hes everything you thought he was, and more!!

Edit: Oh, and I can't take all the credit. I had a very able cohort helping out.

no need to be. He was a perfect gentleman.

And its not like you were the girl who wanted him to sweat all over her.

I'm sure he has people coming up saying all kinds of weird stuff to him all the time. The banter we had with him was tame by comparison I'd imagine.

True, I suppose.

Glad to see all the regulars in the crowd though, you, unicron, vb007 (or something like that) and his friend who normally had a red hoodie on but last night was wearing blue. It's just not a gig if you all aren't there. See ya all at Jens. ;)

snaaake snnaaaake, ghooossst snaaaaake

that's all I remember, it was good though.

imho unicron had the best seat in the house behind that jumpy guy

imho unicron had the best seat in the house behind that jumpy guy

I'm normally pretty laid back about these things but there was a 3 song spell in the middle where I was wondering if I hit him would the other folks around me back me up and say that he slipped.

Guy was a fan though, knew the words to almost everything, just a really drunk and annoying one that kept hitting the people I was with with his elbows.

I'm normally pretty laid back about these things but there was a 3 song spell in the middle where I was wondering if I hit him would the other folks around me back me up and say that he slipped.

Guy was a fan though, knew the words to almost everything, just a really drunk and annoying one that kept hitting the people I was with with his elbows.

I was at the back and this guy still annoyed me, god help you standin behind him.

You should have been at Andrew Bird! Perhaps, I just need to stay by your side after gigs.

oh, heres the Wolf Parade dates for the US;

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]July 7: Pontiac, MI @ Crofoot Ballroom[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]July 8: Chicago, IL @ House of Blues[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]July 9: Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]July 12: Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]July 13: Seattle, WA @ Marymoor Park[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]July 15: Portland, OR @ Crystal Ballroom[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]July 17: San Francisco, Ca @ Fillmore[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]July 18: Hollywood, CA @ Henry Fonda[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]July 19: Hollywood, CA @ Henry Fonda[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]July 20: San Diego, CA @ Cane's [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]July 21: Tucson, AZ @ Rialto Theatre[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]July 24: Dallas, TX @ Palladium Ballroom[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]July 25: Austin, TX @ La Zona Rosa[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]July 26: Baton Rouge, LA @ Spanish Moon[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]July 28: Atlanta, GA @ Variety Playhouse[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]July 29: Raleigh, NC @ Disco Rodeo[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]July 30: Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]July 31: New York, NY @ Terminal 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Aug 2: Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Aug 3: Montreal, QC @ Metropolis[/FONT]
Aug 9: Toronto, ON @ Koolhaus

Great gig!

Woulda loved to hear 'They Took A Vote And Said No' but otherwise perfect setlist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back