Sunset Rubdown (3 Viewers)

You mean Paper Lace? I don't have Enemy Mine at work but I'll have to take a listen when I get home. They are slightly different versions, no? At any rate, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Any Spencer, even repeated, is good stuff.

Yeah, Paper Lace.
I think it kinda makes Enemy Mine seem more like a compilation album now, when i always thought the point was to keep them as separate bands altogether?
What if Destroyer and Frog Eyes did the same with songs off Enemy Mine?
Reduces it to some sort of sampler!

Yeah, Paper Lace.
I think it kinda makes Enemy Mine seem more like a compilation album now, when i always thought the point was to keep them as separate bands altogether?

When one is in that many bands crossover is bound to happen, no? Out of all of them Sunset would be my favorite followed by Wolf Parade. I only enjoy the Swan Lake songs that Spencer is more involved with...A Venue Called Rubella is amazing. Even with a slight crossover you can tell he's influenced by who he's playing with.... with Dan he's more pop and with Mercer and Bejar he's more esoteric. Maybe that's why I like Sunset so much because it seem like all him? I don't think any crossover (even if Destroyer and Frog Eyes did the same) make Swan Lake any less of a band or a sampler of the other three. I guess what I'm saying is I don't feel cheated.

Yeah, Paper Lace.

It's not the first time that he's done that. I'll believe in anything was on the first Sunset Rubdown album (as I'll believe in anything you'll believe in anything) before it showed up on the first Wolf Parade album.

http://pitchfork.com/features/guest-lists/7674-sunset-rubdown/

Strangest Display of Affection You've Received From a Fan
SK: Tattooing of song lyrics. I think this is "strange," yes, and extreme, obviously, but it didn't really upset me. A far away teenager in me felt flattered.

Hayworth, this about you?

If not, then I guess someone's raised the bar for Spencer fandom so you better get yer skates on and get all the words for 'Empty Threats' tattoo'd on your back.

http://pitchfork.com/features/guest-lists/7674-sunset-rubdown/

Hayworth, this about you?

If not, then I guess someone's raised the bar for Spencer fandom so you better get yer skates on and get all the words for 'Empty Threats' tattoo'd on your back.

HA! See a true love knows the difference between adoration and creepy. There will be no ink of his words on my body unless he writes them himself with a ballpoint pen. Ya know like, instant inspiration and he needs something to write on fast... then I'll take off my shirt and offer up. ;)

"SK: I don't own a cell phone. This is not a source of pride, it's just laziness." = awesome

sunset_rubdown_013_1.jpg

"eh, yeah, this next one is called 'turning/tuning (and the choosing) VII"

01-sunset-rubdown-middle-east-downstairs-cambridge.jpg

"oh, snake snake heart"

sunsetrubdown_mercury1a.jpg

"snake snake city"

1891755147_33d05cf280.jpg

::clef::THUMP ::clef::THUMP ::clef::

DSC_0007.JPG

"SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE"

Sunset%20rubdown.jpg

"-ghost-"

Spencer2.jpg

".... turned away from me"

menupop.gif
spencer.jpg

": ("

23_krug_lg.jpg

"heh, thank you very much, another hit"

I enjoyed this, despite the no support band and them doing a longer set it didn't feel like an eternity. don't ya just hate it when you really want a band to get the fuck off the stage?

I enjoyed every second and think they would have played longer if it weren't for the drunken Polish idiot hitting Spencer's keys while he was playing. If the dude didn't look like he could crush me and everyone near me I would have kicked him in the shins.

drunken Polish idiot hitting Spencer's keys while he was playing.

Yeah, saw this guy's shenanigans from the balcony - there needs to be gig police to take care of schmucks like this & those photographers who incessantly take pictures during entire sets whilst going back and forth along front row.

And girls who change their names or have no meaning to them. Also hating cities and things with wings.

Dan is more into hating cities than Spencer is.

I thought the gig was great. Driving home after I could think of 4 songs by them that I fucking love and didn't hear but didn't mind in the slightest that they'd not played them.

And words that should never be sung, like "cadence".

Really enjoyed the gig, except for the few songs with the Polish blockhead stalking the stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back