Stupidly good guitar playing (2 Viewers)

Read em and weep...go to 6.30.....and be amazed...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

tony levin on stick there. wiki that fucker. he's probably in your music collection already.

tony levin on stick there. wiki that fucker. he's probably in your music collection already.

face on him about 6.40

theres usually distortion, compression and i think he has a delay that he does a tap tempo on for a few solo's. also annoying the fuck out of people at parties helps.

just the mad fast riff the sit down guy (robert fripp) does. and when the dude is singing they play out of time with each other kinda. and yer man (belew's) rytymh playing.

jeff beck agian

amazing sound he gets in this- sounds just like lap steel

27 pages....deadly:)

Probably already posted but this is awesome, now to find my tab for shaking hands whilst maintaining perfect vibrato

more 70s noodling

from 3.58.

I still to this very day regard music as the organization of sound and silence. Being able to account for the spaces between sounds with a set of values is what gives us our understanding of rhythm and meter. I often asked what rhythm actually was and, in turn, heard and saw many definitions to this illusive word. But today I like this one...

…”a general term used to refer to the position of musical events in time. It specifys the beginning of an event and the duration (how long it lasts). When events occur in alignment to a regular interval of time, a "pulse" emerges. These pulses may be grouped into beats and measures, commonly called a meter.”

This lesson illustrates how to play with a metronome. The metronome provides a steady pulse over which varying time values can be rehearsed. The video shows how to perform quarter notes, eighth’s, eighth triplets, and sixteenth note values over a steady click. Most people set the metronome when they first begin rhythmic training to something slow in the vicinity of 60 bpm’s [beats per minute]. Then try to perform quarters, eighths, eighth triplets, and sixteenths. If it’s comfortable and your not working too hard and you can remain relaxed at that tempo, increase the beats per minute by two and practice the same routine at that new number [in this case, 62 bpm]. Gradually work further and further until you find the threshold where its too laborious to keep your fingers in check rhythmically. Let’s say you get to 100 bpm and it’s messy. Back the metronome off to 98 bpm and work at that tempo for a while. Each player is different, but with a daily commitment you will set new personal records in not only your speed, but accuracy and overall comfort while playing the guitar.

Huh?

Explain with links to youtube videos.

Fuck that pretentious nonsense.

Rhythm=the part of music that makes you move/dance.

Also,if someone has to explain "rhythm" to you like that quote up there,I fear what the music will sound like. no thanks.

Cant find the clip but the scene where Steve martins dad has to explain rhythm to him springs to mind

The_Jerk.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back