Stuff you want on ebay but can't afford (2 Viewers)

I reckon I'll be using this thread a lot in the near future.

1959 Burns Weill Bass

midnighters3.jpg

There's a 77 Jazz bass in Some Neck that I'd really like but can't afford.

Thing is with these crazy old guitars, unless you're going to service them and get them up to scratch they're rubbish. I saw guitarists at the weekend playing old yokes (hi, guys) and they both sounded like crap and/or went out of tune. There's something to be said for newer guitars.

I agree totally,and it's why I wouldn't be botherted with stuff like that. Love how some look,but I'd have them destroyed in no time.

Thing is with these crazy old guitars, unless you're going to service them and get them up to scratch they're rubbish. I saw guitarists at the weekend playing old yokes (hi, guys) and they both sounded like crap and/or went out of tune. There's something to be said for newer guitars.

This goes for all guitars new and old.

Yes and no,obviously any guitar needs some level of looking after,but those old oddball ones with the strange bridges and switches are just problems waiting to happen,and usually,they already have.

It's rare that you pick up a new or old guitar and you don't need to give it a set up and service and personally I think it should be done with all guitars (and amps) whether it be a strat or some oddball guitar. Sill there's no excuse for playing a cool looking guitar that sounds like shite unless you particularly want your guitar to sound shit but sure you can do that with the best SG or Strat or whatever too.

Besides, that Burns has two pots, one switch, an easily adjustable bridge and neck and was only released in the last few years so bar it's looks there's nothing old or crazy about it.

I presumed Anthony was talking,generally speaking,about those oddball old guitars though,I'd agree that pretty much all guitars need some level of tinkering to begin with though.
Pretty much any of those old cool guitars I've seen in person have played significantly worse than the worst modern cheap guitars I've played.

I presumed he was making reference to the Burns while looking for a rant about whatever guitars/players he seen at the weekend.

just rereading,it could be taken as both.

Anyway,old odd guitars playing like crap could be to do with age. They still look great sometimes though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back