student budgeting (1 Viewer)

i'm gonna stop replying to myself now, but the library is probably a good bet, they should have the coursebooks and then you'd have nothing to pay.

Good advice, mind you, a girl I went to college with used to take out as many copies of the 'key text' as possible at exam/assignment time. She said it was to highlight the 'inadequacies' of the library, and anyway it'd just mean they'd have to mark us easier/give deadline extentions blah blah blah - but it was really just to fuck everyone else over. So I suppose my advice is, use the library, look out for those kinds of people, and you'll be grand.

I bought whatever books I wanted to actually read myself. If there was any textbooks I never bothered with them. E130 a week after rent is fucking loads to live on, I'd love that kinda cash. Unless your planning to eat out every night and go drinking heavily a few times a week.

Good advice, mind you, a girl I went to college with used to take out as many copies of the 'key text' as possible at exam/assignment time. She said it was to highlight the 'inadequacies' of the library, and anyway it'd just mean they'd have to mark us easier/give deadline extentions blah blah blah - but it was really just to fuck everyone else over. So I suppose my advice is, use the library, look out for those kinds of people, and you'll be grand.

students can be fuckers like that. they hide the books too, always at it. its well worth being really nice to the librarians, theyre generally really cool.

I'm a prospective student looking to move to dublin. i thought this would be a good place ot get some info. obviously not.

are there any student friendly farmers markets in dublin? i find them a bit pricey for my budget.

are there any student friendly farmers markets in dublin? i find them a bit pricey for my budget.

yes, theres one in merrion square. It takes place every monday from 8am to 2pm and while not specifically 'student' friendly as such, it welcomes the unkempt, which by inference includes students (barring those living at home who still get their clothes washed for them).

Of course the cleverer thing to do would be to limit your food budget every week to the price of return bus far to the market gardening areas of North County Dublin (Killester, etc), and perform some covert raids of the wares of the farmers out that way. It might seem a nasty thing to do but its not really when you think about it. You can either rob their stuff there, or else not rob it there, have them carry it into merrion square every monday (after a long, hard weekend), and then rob it. At least this way you're saving them from carrying it.

next..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back