String quartet (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Magee

Website
www.myspace.com
Yes indeedy, I wish to assemble a string quartet for recording purposes (I'll be playing the piano and singing, so I guess we'll have a piano quintet in fact)...I'll have the parts all done out and so on, basically we meet a few times to rehearse, and then we have our glorious recording...if there's any individual string players out there, then perhaps we can assemble a quartet from scratch, or if there's anyone used to playing together, then that would be better....

Why do I get the feeling (well, I know why, it's from looking at the rest of the threads on this) that this thread will just sit idly by until it vanishes after a month into the abyss...? Unless of course people replied to these other threads via the wonders of PM'ery or the telemobile?

i can check it out for you over the weekend.
it may cost you shit loads though... i presume you're looking for cheap/free people?

do you have your music written out? it'll make a huge difference for some people...
erm..

i know some music students who could help.
anyway.
waffling.

Originally posted by lorcanzo
i can check it out for you over the weekend.
it may cost you shit loads though... i presume you're looking for cheap/free people?

do you have your music written out? it'll make a huge difference for some people...
erm..

i know some music students who could help.
anyway.
waffling.

Ah soun'n'all...

Well, yes, the cheaper the better...students, anyone at all, really, once, y'know, they can FEEL the music, man. Yup, I'll have the individual parts written out, and also a previous recording (with mushy synth strings, but should give the gist)...

Um...Lorcanzo is investigating for me at the mo, but any info you might have would be welcome anyway, in case he runs into any difficulties...

I have a friend who's very good, as far as i can tell anyways, involved in a few different orchestras and also plays with a band. Dunno whether she'd do it for free or want money or what.
But she gets my seal of approval, her band is much better for having her play with them than not.

Can't get through bud...sent her a txt and all to find out when would be a good time to ring, real polite like ("Here bitch, answer your phone"), no joy...will keep trying though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back