Story with Modest Mouse (2 Viewers)

Goodbye

Here, got that Sun Kil Moon album Tiny Cities...
Turns out it's an album of Modest Mouse covers...

Mark Kozlek did a similar thingamabob with AC/DC songs, but the songs were completely reconstructed...

Has he done the same with Modest Mouse?

I've never heard MM and am wondering if I'm going to like the 'riginals cas some o these Sun Kil Moon versions are deadly...

Pantone 247... I'm looking at you here dude

Ok... Mixed reaction...
Are they worth checking out? Where do I start?
They're prolly nothing like the Sun Kil Moon versions right?
I Like that Coca-Cola going down my throught song...

Kozelek more or less just took the lyrics and rewrote the songs, the originals are totally different. I'm not a Modest Mouse fan but from what I read The Moon And Antarctica and This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About are supposed to be high points.. Johnny Marr is in their band now since last year.

Always got the impression that they were a bit of a Green Day typa band...
Would I be right or am I miles off?

Yes.

imagine Built to Spill crossed with Nirvana at their most aggressive.a real pacific northwest type band.were at their best as a three piece. Lonesome Crowded West and Moon and Antartica are two of my fav albums ever.don't go near the new album

You are miles off boss.
As Ernesto said listen to these two albums in this order:

>The Moon and Antarctica
>The Lonesome Crowded West

I'm a big fan of Mark Kozelek and Modest Mouse so that's probably why i like Tiny Cities. It's not the best Modest Mouse representation as pretty much all of the songs are reconstructed/presented in a different way. Listen to the originals and you'll see what i mean.

Check them out, they are cool. In my opinion, the new album and Good News for People... are not half as good as their previous albums. In saying that, both have some good songs but nothing as solid as the the songs on the two mentioned above. Let us know how you get on.

don't go near the new album

is that the final verdict Hermie? reckon EP will be full of just this album, i hope not. i've seen Marr play Dramamine and other such songs in videos on youTube so hopefully they cover the earlier albums too. hopefully

kozelek, such a prick. First he decides he can write better songs than Angus and Malcolm Young, not he does it to somone else. How important can you think you are?

I love Modest Mouse for years now. Haven't had a chance to get the new album. So is it good consensus / bad reviews from the rest of ye?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back