storage heaters (1 Viewer)

theoootini

Website
www.soundcloud.com
Eh? How do these fucking stupid things work. Our new flat has one. We were told to have the input at 1 and output at 1 during the day and to turn up the input to 5 in the evening. This doesn’t work though. Ain’t no heat unless we leave the input up to maximum all day and night. That’s not right surely…?

I hate storage heaters so much that I cannot express it sufficiently in words.

I use the ones in my apartment as a shelf. Luckily my neighbours use theirs and enough heat comes through the walls that I often have to open the windows to cool the place down.

Eh? How do these fucking stupid things work. Our new flat has one. We were told to have the input at 1 and output at 1 during the day and to turn up the input to 5 in the evening. This doesn’t work though. Ain’t no heat unless we leave the input up to maximum all day and night. That’s not right surely…?

Isn't it the Output that you turn up in the evening? The input determines how much heat is stored during the night. Obviously you don't want this heat to be given out during the day if there's no one around, so keep the Output down as low as possible during the day, and then whack it up in the evening when you want the heat to be given out (and then knock it back down again before you go to bed). In my experience though, most of the heat has probably escaped by the time you want it anyway. Useless things.

God, I hate them. I was able to use them when I lived in a place that had them but recently when a friend asked me how he should use his I couldn't remember how they work. They make me very angry inside.

Are they put in by developers building apartments because they are cheaper for them and less hassle to install than good old central heating. Greedy cnuts.

We recently got gas central heating installed and its the dog's bollocks

Isn't it the Output that you turn up in the evening? The input determines how much heat is stored during the night. Obviously you don't want this heat to be given out during the day if there's no one around, so keep the Output down as low as possible during the day, and then whack it up in the evening when you want the heat to be given out (and then knock it back down again before you go to bed). In my experience though, most of the heat has probably escaped by the time you want it anyway. Useless things.
what about when you wake up and it's freezing? can you set timer to turn it one half an hour beofre you wake up?

yep. that too when you want heat. but it doesn't work in ours unless you've had the input up to full for the previous day and night.

The Input should only work during the night (when your nightsaver electricity time kicks in). But yes, in theory, your input should be set to something so that it heats up the bricks during the night, and the output turned up when you want this heat released. But in reality, most of the heat will have escaped anyway by the time you need it.

Hen Pest said:
what about when you wake up and it's freezing? can you set timer to turn it one half an hour beofre you wake up?

maybe on newer models, but I don't have a timer on mine. Some of the bigger ones are combi heaters, so they have an instant-heat switch.

they make my teeth hurt so very much to even think of how SHIT and UGLY they are. What the fuck, like. Who the fuck thought 9 inches of ugly white metal bollocks protruding into a TINY ROOM IN A TYPICALLY SCABBY DEVELOPER-CUNT DEVELOPED IRISH FLAT WAS A GOOD IDEA

AAAARRGHHH NEED TO CALM DOWN

they make my teeth hurt so very much to even think of how SHIT and UGLY they are. What the fuck, like. Who the fuck thought 9 inches of ugly white metal bollocks protruding into a TINY ROOM IN A TYPICALLY SCABBY DEVELOPER-CUNT DEVELOPED IRISH FLAT WAS A GOOD IDEA

Amen! Which is exactly why, in a fit of furniture rearranging madness a few months ago, I tore mine out. It might be a cold winter, but at least I can reclaim the whole corner of my living room that was taken up by the beast.

Amen! Which is exactly why, in a fit of furniture rearranging madness a few months ago, I tore mine out. It might be a cold winter, but at least I can reclaim the whole corner of my living room that was taken up by the beast.

I wish I could do the same - the landlords might have a problem with it though...

we had one taken out too - the fucking joy of throwing that frigging thing on a scrapheap was immense.

STORAGE HEATERS:NOT WORTH A WANK.
And they are the heaviest cunting things in the world.
I pity anyone who has them,I really do.

Storage heaters truly are one of the single worst inventions in the entire history of the fucking universe.
Absolutely USELESS pieces of shit.
The last 2 houses I've lived in have both had storage heaters, that are all broken. At one point we had electricians out to fix them twice within a month. They couldn't fix them.
Whoever came up with those pieces of shit needs to be thrown into a fucking black hole so that they can spend an enternity contemplating the pain of their body being slowly torn apart by a force so crushing that it alters the very nature of time itself.

Storage heaters truly are one of the single worst inventions in the entire history of the fucking universe.
Absolutely USELESS pieces of shit.
The last 2 houses I've lived in have both had storage heaters, that are all broken. At one point we had electricians out to fix them twice within a month. They couldn't fix them.
Whoever came up with those pieces of shit needs to be thrown into a fucking black hole so that they can spend an enternity contemplating the pain of their body being slowly torn apart by a force so crushing that it alters the very nature of time itself.

Or the very least be made to carry one of the fucking things up an endless hill like that Greek bloke Sissyface,from ye olden days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back