storage heaters (1 Viewer)

For those of us that are stuck them, could somebody who knows tell us what way we should have each dial set?

I think that the thread makes if pretty clear that the only sensible thing to do is keep them switched off and invest in some nice warm clothes and a fan heater or a nice portable oil filled electric heater.

Or if you really feel you must use them - if you have thermostats connected to allow you to set the background temperature Output low input high is what the manual for mine recommends.

It's pretty cold today, but I'm still not tempted to switch the things on.

Thank you. I've got a thermostat over my fuse box near the front door and then some dials beside some of the heaters. I guess it's time I took the plunge and twiddled some of them. It's the two switches beside the master heater that I'm afraid of. Which one do I switch on and which do I leave off?.

There are instructions on wikipedia. My eyes glazed over after the first sentence. But I gather you have to watch the weather forecast and adjust the input accordingly. Every day. FFS.

good thread folks. i hate these fucking things. lived in 4 places that have had them and they have all been useless.

I understand all the instructions I've read apart from the fact that none of them mention the control panel I have over my fuse box with a night dial and a day dial, both of which go from -4 to +4. They're nowhere near any of the heaters. My apartment has been pretty warm since I moved in last May without any heating. This week is the first week that it has been freezing.

I understand all the instructions I've read apart from the fact that none of them mention the control panel I have over my fuse box with a night dial and a day dial, both of which go from -4 to +4. They're nowhere near any of the heaters. My apartment has been pretty warm since I moved in last May without any heating. This week is the first week that it has been freezing.

We've one of those, and another one in the living room. As far as I can tell from fiddling with the system, that's your master controller, as in, if you have that set really low, it doesn't matter how high you set the actual heater to, it won't exceed the master setting.

I hope yis got yisser storage heaters sorted.BRRRRRR.

You may not be saying that when it hits ZERO degrees later.:eek:

oh dear.... Cold tonight with lowest temperatures of 0 to -4C and a widespread severe frost for a time. Wintry showers will persist near northern coasts but otherwise the night will be dry.

I'm gonna be wearing me coat in bed tonight.

I've a good stock of warm jumpers and thick socks. Worst case scenario I'll do some running on the spot. The neighbours' heaters must be going 'cos it's warmer in here than it is outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back