Stooges setlist (1 Viewer)

Stan Bowles

Contributor
I'm probably very slow on the uptake here, bu I have only just found out that the stooges only play the first two (Ashton) albums (plus one or two new songs) live, no solo iggy stuff at all. This has got me stupidly excited about sunday.

Setlist from Japan March 2004

1. Loose 2. Down on the street 3. 1969
4. I wanna be your dog 5. TV Eye
6. Dirt 7. Real cool time 8. No Fun
9. 1970 10. Funhouse 11. Skull rings
12. Dead Rockstar 13. Little Electric Chair

/// Encore

14. Little doll 15. My idea of fun (new song)
16. I wanna be your dog 17. Not right

Robbie Analog said:
I'm probably very slow on the uptake here, bu I have only just found out that the stooges only play the first two (Ashton) albums (plus one or two new songs) live, no solo iggy stuff at all. This has got me stupidly excited about sunday.

/// Encore

NO RAW POWER?!

NO RAW POWER?!?!?!
yeah what dixer said...that is a total travesty.
i can appreciate the sentiment but...NO RAW POWER???
andrew

This sounds deadly ...... Way better than I thought it would be ... I can put up with no Raw Power if in return I don't have to listen to Iggy-solo-shite. Deal of the century that ..... I can't wait

However ... I actually dont believe it ........ there's probably a special deal for ireland where he has to play Lust for Life and The Passenger

No Search and Destroy?!
How can we be street walkin' cheetahs with hides full of napalm without search and destroy?
Think I'll sell my ticket and go to Josh Ritter or some shit. Shit's gonna rock more than a Stooges pop package with 'I Wanna be your Dog' twice.
D'fuck is that shit?

However ... I actually dont believe it ........ there's probably a special deal for ireland where he has to play Lust for Life and The Passenger

yeah i heard they're actually going to have Ewan McGreggor driving a Fiat around on stage for that bit...waving to all the people
andrew

Robbie Analog said:

/// Encore

Bobby, is that a Harvey Pekar avatar?

Dixer said:
Bobby, is that a Harvey Pekar avatar?
he's gone home but yeah, it is

he's going to be in Kilkenny this weekend for a special screening of American Splendor and the Irish Times is doing a Q&A with him afterwards. Harvey Pekar that is, not Robbie Analogue.

My feelings exactly. Funhouse is my favourite stooges record anyway.

hugh said:
This sounds deadly ...... Way better than I thought it would be ... I can put up with no Raw Power if in return I don't have to listen to Iggy-solo-shite. Deal of the century that ..... I can't wait

Robbie Analog said:
what herself said!

Yeah, saw himself and Giamatti over at the Edinburgh FF last year, they did a real quick presentation before the flick. Not read a lot of his stuff but of what I have I wasn't shot on. You a fan? Any part. suggestions?

I'm a complete charlatan to be honest, saw the film a couple of weeks ago and loved it, thats about the total of my knowledge. I am going to pick up stuff soon though.

Dixer said:
Yeah, saw himself and Giamatti over at the Edinburgh FF last year, they did a real quick presentation before the flick. Not read a lot of his stuff but of what I have I wasn't shot on. You a fan? Any part. suggestions?

Re: after the stooges gig

MOJO CLUB

WEEKENDER AFTERSHOW PARTY – LUST FOR LIFE
northern soul, 6Ts, funk, ska, indie

SUNDAY JUNE 6 @ THE SHELTER VICAR St.

Adm 10.00 Doors 11PM – LATE

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
What do you expect? No James Williamson = no Raw power. I for one am very pleased.Although I do love Raw Power.
Forgot to mention that the problem with all that is that they are billed as Iggy and the stooges but only playing stooges era songs,

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Forgot to mention that the problem with all that is that they are billed as Iggy and the stooges but only playing stooges era songs,

well it's actually "iggy POP and the stooges" which kinda makes even less sense.....
whatevs, i wasn't going anyway (so i'm kinda glad it's a 'raw power' free set) - i couldn't give much of a shit about old people with bills to pay

ron just probably can't play the leads...totally inferior guitarist...youch!

andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back