Stooges setlist (1 Viewer)

Robbie Analog said:
I'm probably very slow on the uptake here, bu I have only just found out that the stooges only play the first two (Ashton) albums (plus one or two new songs) live, no solo iggy stuff at all. This has got me stupidly excited about sunday.

Setlist from Japan March 2004

1. Loose 2. Down on the street 3. 1969
4. I wanna be your dog 5. TV Eye
6. Dirt 7. Real cool time 8. No Fun
9. 1970 10. Funhouse 11. Skull rings
12. Dead Rockstar 13. Little Electric Chair

/// Encore

14. Little doll 15. My idea of fun (new song)
16. I wanna be your dog 17. Not right

Stoogers,
What made ye of the events of Sunday night?
Thought the Stooges were on point myself though maybe the Iguana was a little out of his element i.e. playin' himself.

Dixer said:
Stoogers,
What made ye of the events of Sunday night?
Thought the Stooges were on point myself though maybe the Iguana was a little out of his element i.e. playin' himself.
I thought it was funtastic - the venue was deadly, far, far better than previous years as well. And Mike Watt. Sure what more could a girl want?

kirstie said:
I thought it was funtastic - the venue was deadly, far, far better than previous years as well. And Mike Watt. Sure what more could a girl want?

A girl could want to see them in a Detroit toilet in 1970 kickin the Raw Power jams. Dependin' what kind of girsha she was, of course.
How comes they were sellin' Raw Power t-shirts n'shit but were to afraid to unleash the tracks?
Quare.

Dixer said:
A girl could want to see them in a Detroit toilet in 1970 kickin the Raw Power jams. Dependin' what kind of girsha she was, of course.
How comes they were sellin' Raw Power t-shirts n'shit but were to afraid to unleash the tracks?
Quare.
well, that's true, but seeings as this girl wasn't born in 1970 she had to make do with seeing them in 2004. And talking about herself in the 3rd person.

And at least Igster wasn't allowed to trot out his hoary solo stuff. I didn't go near the merch stand, so I didn't see no raw power tayshirts sir.

kirstie said:
well, that's true, but seeings as this girl wasn't born in 1970 she had to make do with seeing them in 2004. And talking about herself in the 3rd person.

And at least Igster wasn't allowed to trot out his hoary solo stuff. I didn't go near the merch stand, so I didn't see no raw power tayshirts sir.

Mebbe you were the types of girl to climb up on stage and get her baps out like it was 'Frisco 68?
(What was that girl thinking?)

Dixer said:
Mebbe you were the types of girl to climb up on stage and get her baps out like it was 'Frisco 68?
no
I definitely wasn't that girl
and lawks, I know not why she thought the entire crowd would like to see her pale and pasty boobs.

Dixer said:
enticing iggy to get the lad out, natch.

did he get the lad out?

B for the Spree said:
enticing iggy to get the lad out, natch.

did he get the lad out?
nah, he managed to remain in his tiny jeans throughout. Towards the end he did unzip them, but they got as far as mid ass (complete with tan line) and there they remained.

kirstie said:
nah, he managed to remain in his tiny jeans throughout. Towards the end he did unzip them, but they got as far as mid ass (complete with tan line) and there they remained.
i'd have got a refund

Actually the whole thing was kind of shit in my opinion. I dont know why I got it into my head that watching a reformed Stooges in a field with shit sound would actually be enjoyable ......

Only good bit was the onstage dancing .... and I dont mean yer woman's baps

Far too good a gig, I thought the sound was spot on. Everything distorting to fuck,exactly how the Stooges should sound. The guitar sound blew me away. I absolutely despise outdoor gigs by the way so these comments coming from me are pretty wild. The fact that they did not play anything off Raw Power did not disapoint me at all. What's everyones problem? theres nothing at all wrong with the first two Stooges albums. and as Was said before why should they play stuff that was written by James Williamson when he was not playing?
Low point for me was the crowd on stage,although it was funny.
High point,everthing else. Especially Iggy saying " we're the fucking Stooges" and not Iggy and the Stooges.
Selling Iggy and Raw power merch was a bit cheeky though.
I also cant really imagine them being that much better first time around considering they probably would of been drugged to the eyeballs. Must go back and listen to some of the live lp's I have and reconsider that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back