Steve Albini?Like ..who? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 120
  • Views 18K
  • Watchers 9
Great 'producer', although I think he doesn't like the term 'producer'. While some albums he works on sound better than others I think his interpretation of what a drum kit should sound like is pretty much perfect in my opinion.

Could you hire him to 'produce' your record and tell him you want to have big Phil Collins gated reverb drums and he'd have to do that?

Great 'producer', although I think he doesn't like the term 'producer'. While some albums he works on sound better than others I think his interpretation of what a drum kit should sound like is pretty much perfect in my opinion.
Could you hire him to 'produce' your record and tell him you want to have big Phil Collins gated reverb drums and he'd have to do that?

Well that's the issue with him right there innit ?

To be fair you wouldn't hire Michael Haneke to direct an advert for perfume either though.

I didn't even listen to the Greyhound one. I think the first one is the only one that bears repeated listening, plus the singles. Funny that he talks about listening to his records repeatedly for mixing errors. He must have had some serious wax in his ears for Terraform.

I was about the mention that Joan Of Arse record when I realised i posted that already. Been listening to that on Spotify today, still sounds great

Steve Fanagan's record was really good now I remember it. Anyone know is Steve doing any projects now?

Nah it was one night in TBMC then one in the Funnel. Thought the TBMC one was more enjoyable though both great ..

I remember coming down to see them two nights in a row,but not much else.

Down to dublin after work,Shellac,back to belfast,work the next morning,down to dublin after work,Shellac,back to belfast,work the next morning.

I was about the mention that Joan Of Arse record when I realised i posted that already. Been listening to that on Spotify today, still sounds great

Steve Fanagan's record was really good now I remember it. Anyone know is Steve doing any projects now?

Steve's been busy working on sound for tv/films etc. and winning IFTAs. Great to see him doing so well! As far as I know he hasn't been doing much music, certainly not releasing and gigging anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back