Steve Albini?Like ..who? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 120
  • Views 18K
  • Watchers 9
I thought they were class! That was the first time I've seen them and I was really impressed. Their playing was incredible, brilliant use of dynamics. The bit of theatre they do combined with the bit of banter between tunes really added to it too. The End Of Radio was the stand out tune for me.

Not sure where I should put this: but I'll put it here anyways and stick it in the first Jason Molina thread I can find. Enjoy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

released yesterday according to the label
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Shellac are playing Belfast, galway and Dublin in September. Tickets on sale on Friday. The tivoli is the venue in Dublin and the roisin dubh for Galway

Are people still allowed say "Fuck you Albini" to him in the street now?

I haven't really followed what he was up to since the first Shellac EP and I only realised Albini's studio wasn't in his basement anymore during the pandemic.
He always seemed to detest folks like Jello Biafra and had long running feud with Vic Bondi (Articles Of Faith singer later a history Prof.)
Albini seemed to love annoying people and being an outsider.

Some of the worst stuff mentioned in The Guardian article I had no idea about but Albini obviously doesn't endorse setting folks on fire and telling GQ that he hopes their publication fails is no bad thing.
If the guy is more self aware now - great.
A lot of the statements by the Guardian writer were inaccurate or wrong. I don't think they know much about some of things they wrote about.
Not unusual for a journalist.

Yes, telling someone from GQ that he hopes their magazine fails - surely that has to be a plus, or positive moral point?

Yeah, Shellac are not really anything like Big Black...what else was wrong?

I'd also say Albini's opinion of Smashing Pumpkins hasn't changed. I'd say he'd trash them with a fresh putdown in an instant. If anything Corgan's increasingly delusional and narcissistic behaviour would seem to suggest that Albini was right all along...

Yes, telling someone from GQ that he hopes their magazine fails - surely that has to be a plus, or positive moral point?

Yeah, Shellac are not really anything like Big Black...what else was wrong?

I'd also say Albini's opinion of Smashing Pumpkins hasn't changed. I'd say he'd trash them with a fresh putdown in an instant. If anything Corgan's increasingly delusional and narcissistic behaviour would seem to suggest that Albini was right all along...

If billy big balls shut the fuck up for a decade he'd get his badly craved recognition

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back