Steve Albini?Like ..who? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 120
  • Views 18K
  • Watchers 9
I remember coming down to see them two nights in a row,but not much else.

Down to dublin after work,Shellac,back to belfast,work the next morning,down to dublin after work,Shellac,back to belfast,work the next morning.

Good times. In a rare moment of hobnobbing with the stars I found myself backstage after the TBMC gig and got chatting with Albini. He was friendly, funny and very tolerant of eejits he didn't know hanging out where they had no business being. We had a grand chat about AC/DC. Then the drunk singer from well known Irish indie band of the time staggers in and starts telling Albini how his band had made a record with a big-name US recording engineer but in spite of this he was now reduced to working in a Chinese restaurant to pay the rent. Albini (and Traynor who had now joined us) were not particularly interested in this, and Albini starts telling him that he should take pride in whatever work he happens to be doing. Drunk singer wasn't having any of this and continued insisting that such work was beneath him etc etc. I then left because it was late and I had to get up for work the next day. If there's a point to this I'm not really sure what it is, other than "I met him once and he's sound".

I realise of course that the drunk singer probably tells this completely differently and it goes something like "yeah I went backstage after their set to say hello and there was this absolute tool boring the shit out of Steve talking about AC/DC and ....."

Good times. In a rare moment of hobnobbing with the stars I found myself backstage after the TBMC gig and got chatting with Albini. He was friendly, funny and very tolerant of eejits he didn't know hanging out where they had no business being. We had a grand chat about AC/DC. Then the drunk singer from well known Irish indie band of the time staggers in and starts telling Albini how his band had made a record with a big-name US recording engineer but in spite of this he was now reduced to working in a Chinese restaurant to pay the rent. Albini (and Traynor who had now joined us) were not particularly interested in this, and Albini starts telling him that he should take pride in whatever work he happens to be doing. Drunk singer wasn't having any of this and continued insisting that such work was beneath him etc etc. I then left because it was late and I had to get up for work the next day. If there's a point to this I'm not really sure what it is, other than "I met him once and he's sound".

I realise of course that the drunk singer probably tells this completely differently and it goes something like "yeah I went backstage after their set to say hello and there was this absolute tool boring the shit out of Steve talking about AC/DC and ....."

Name and shame.

Sham-shaming should be our new pass time on thumped.

What makes you think I think you only listen to Status Quo, a humour bypass? Point being they'd seem a little 'interesting' for your taste.

Nothing that interesting about Shellac,no more than any other band. They write good tunes,and sometimes remind me of Led Zeppelin.

Humour bypass?

Shellac1.jpg

Just found this pic of the back of my head at that gig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back